Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bak Mei (White Eyebrow)

Bak Mei (White Eyebrow)

Can anyone tell me about this style? Does anyone study or have studied it? I have heard it is similar to Wing Chun?

You should probabbly address this to the forum member by the name of Bak Mei. He will likely be of some help.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Actually I have only studied it briefly, not in too much depth. But it is not like Wing Chun. Probably closest to S. Mantis, with a bit of HSing-I forwardness to it in application.

I know there is one Sifu in Chinatown, NYC, and I believe reading of a few in Canada here.

Sorry, this is an old screen name from days when I was doing reseach on the man. A knew name is in the making, just haven't put much thought to it.

Sorry, have a good one.
    Ray
    Stillness in the heart of motion.

I've just started studying bak mei/lung ying about a month ago.
    definately my favorite over any other martial art(s) I have studied.

I have seen a little bit of wing chun.

I've heard that it is similiar to wing chun as well. I think some techniques are similiar. The vertical punch, tan sao and a few other things are I think the same.

Bak Mei seems to make pretty heavy use of the phoenix eye and ginger fist (the technique not the dude on this forum) also. which would be different than wing chun.

paul

come on. you know we all want to use ginger fist every now and then, regardless of how we punch.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

yeah, every loves a good ginger fist. heh

but seriously, do wing chun (ving tsun, wing tsun) guys use that technique?

Ginger fist

I dont think we use this in Wing Chun, it is not a familiar term anyway but may be included somewhere in the advanced applications.......

ginger fist = leopard fist

White eyebrow

Does anybdy have any experience with the White Eyebrow style? There is a school in my area that is considering me for enrollment. I'm going for a second visit this Saturday. Another question, I know horse-riding stance, what is mabou stance?

It is considering you, or you are considering the school???? And Ma Bu is chinese for horse-riding stance. There are some different variations as to foot placement, level of thighs, etc.

My friend did Pak mei/white eyebrow when he was younger for a couple of years, he said it was great....!

if you just want some info on the style heres a page i looked at when he told me about it

http://www.whiteeyebrowpakmeikungfu.homestead.com/
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

The school is considering me. THe school's sifu is Dr. Wong. His website is www.dryqwong.com He teaches traditional Kung Fu as well as Tai Chi and accupressure. It sounds like a great all-around school. I am just unfamiliar with Bak Mei. Cool thing is, it is in Chattanooga too (where I live).

Well, studying with any great teacher is certainly a privilege for a student. However,

BEWARE OF CONTRACTS

Post Did you know..?

White eyebrow/ Bak Mei were considered traders in the in the chang dynasty era. They sold out to the goverment and fought to destroy the shoalin temples and the monks, after the fall of the meng dynasty. Just thought I might add this.
    Good luck!

It goes something like that but I'm thinking that storie is just a myth.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother