Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bak Mei (White Eyebrow)

Anyone watch the videos on Dr. Wong's site?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Anyway, the Ming Dynasty ended what - about 380 years ago? That's too long to hold a grudge. As a guy I know in another forum says:

"I'm sick to death of witnessing Bronze Age grudges in modern-day Technicolor action!" (He's talking about Israel and Palestine, but the same principles apply.)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

No grudge here

I just thought it was interesting tidbit..thats it. I didnt know this till last week and its fresh on my mind.

"Some of this legend can be attributed back to the conflicts between the Taoist and Buddhist beliefs, the political conflicts leading to the end of the Ming Dynasty, the coming of the Manchurians and the destruction of the legendary Southern Shaolin Temple."
    Last edited by Anon; 10-01-2002 at 12:25 PM.

I don't know what to say to that except "Oh, OK." So, without further ado...

Oh, OK.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Bak Mei

I studied Bak Mei for over a year privately.

It is a very powerful system that is both internal and external.

The stance training is hard and similar to the training in Southern Praying mantis. (Both use the dragon back and phoenix eye fist)

Bak Mei is also related to Lee Gar and Dragon Boxing.

There are a couple of members of this forum who are Dr. Wong's students. Head over to the Southern Forum and ask questions.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

pak mei

pak mei's student was a trator i was told and no himself!

i have studied bak mei and yau kung mun for 17 years so far, its a very good system like many.

FT

the pictures and vid's are of that chi demo that everyone was making fun of awhile back.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Re: Did you know..?

Originally posted by Anon
    White eyebrow/ Bak Mei were considered traders in the in the chang dynasty era. They sold out to the goverment and fought to destroy the shoalin temples and the monks, after the fall of the meng dynasty. Just thought I might add this.
    Good luck!
    The way I was told it by my first wingchun teacher was that Pak Mei sold out the Shaolin to the the Manchurian government, but that this was just prior to the establishment of the Red Boat Opera Society (an offshoot of the dissolution and destruction of the Shaolin temples and order). Round about contemporaneous with the establishment of wingchun, and some versions have it that Yim Wing Chun's son Hung tried to hunt down Pak Mei. If you believe some rather dodgy movies he avenged his father's death by killing Pak Mei. I was told a more likely version was that Pak Mei died before Hung reached him, as he was getting on a bit!

My sifu told me this as a story from Yip Chun, but didn't express any bias in it. He did say that some wcers still consider there to be some rivalry between them and the PMers! Even among foreign schools. Daft!!!

The way my friend's Chinese Pak Mei teacher had it was that Pak Mei's disciples were kidnapped by the Manchurians and he was blackmailed into hunting down the Shaolin, but in fact helped a lot of them to escape.

None of the above is fact! I thought it was a cool story though, and a good example of the 'Chinese whispers' nature of kungfu rivalry!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

10. Thumbs up

Jackie Chan studied white eyebrow as far as my knowledge goes,canīt be all bad then I guess.
    Besides that I know it to be somewhat forward moving style with agressive approach,they have some interesting feinting to it too i think.
    Thatīs it.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Rambling again...!

Oh yeah!

My friend had lots of good moves, nothing too flashy, and quite economical. He showed me a lot of sucking you opponent in, then sending them out again even more violently. He was especially good at a kind of variation on the wc nat sao move, which involves stepping back a half step or less and crossing your arms over whatever incoming attack to suck it in, followed by a double biu jee/palm/push, etc, or a pivoting strike to send them away again.

It didn't seem to work so well against wc, and I get the impression it would have worked better at a longer range, but that may have just been my friend's level. He did say that it was very much part of it to not be overmuch concerned with taking a few hits so long as you deliver what you got!!

I don't know any more, I'm just feeling particularly 'talkative' today! Best ask someone who knows!!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Yes in the movie "Prodigal Son" the Bak Mei master did that sucking move alot, kind of like a double Lan sao. Also he appeared to use angular footwork and then square up to his opponent in a deep horse stance. This is typical of Southern systems, I think.

Seeking knowledge about White Eyebrow

I would really like to know if there are any ""video clips and/or good web pages that discuss this form of kung fu.(not to offend anyone I wanna know about there are not about a whole page on just a lineage) hey fellas if you are out there this one is for you, I gotta be honest, I can't find anything but a paragraph or two on this style and I would really like to see something any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

White Eyebrow

I am interested in gathering some info on White Eyebrow. Could someone give me some sites on this art . Thank you ED
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Hi
    Our homepage:
    http://www.aaron.net.au/pak_mei/

Links Page:
    http://www.aaron.net.au/pak_mei/links.html

The Dutch site is very comprehensive:
    http://www.pakmeipai.nl