Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bak Mei (White Eyebrow)

Thank you Yum Cha thats what I was looking for. Ed
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

White eyebrow and the destruction of shaolin

Why don't you come to our play:
    you can check it out at URL:http://www.whiteeyebrowplay.com

trust me it's worth the ride into the city.

Hum!! What a great way to disrespect the art of Bak Mei. I think you should cancel it.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com
    www.komudokwan.com/escrima.html

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!
    www.komudokwan.com/FutshanBakmeiPai.htm

I think you should get a grip.
    My intent is to kill you, my heart wants you dead, my mind thinks of you dead, when I strike its to kill you - Sifu.

You are only as strong as your horse - Sigung Leung Cheung.

Wow! This sounds almost as good as Shaolin-The Wheel of Life, another great peice of...um, work?
    "There are two types of people in this world-those who do Kung-Fu, and those who think they do."

In defense of Doug maverick I dont think that having a play would disrespect the art, but on the contrary expose a rare art to the general public.

Doug I ould like to get to the city more but unfortunaly dont have to much time.

I didnt mean to start anything between anyone. I simply wanted to get some info. I am usually on the northern mantis forum but was told that you southern guys could help me out.

If anyone else has any sites as yum cha gave it would be greatly appreciated. thank you sincerly ED
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I think it would be disrespectful, due to the fact that it will not expose the art correctly. The US is notorious for doing that and is well known in China that many are incorrect in there assumptions of Bak Mei. Not wanting to start the bickering but just exercising my right at free thought and speech.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!

Let's face it, the "play" is no attempt to expose the art at all. You certainly can't expose the art if no one on the stage has any background or experience in the art. I'd read the bios on the actors - and none listed Bak Mei. That argument's a dead issue then.

It's an attempt to exploit someone's version of a story in a dramatic fashion (do you want to call that artistic license??) in the interest of generating the almighty buck. Much like any other entertainment avenue like TV or Movies it's using what might be popular (martial arts) to generate interest with a public in a manner that is just that -"entertaining and of interest". In other words, you can't go expecting to see kung fu in any traditional sense, more a semblance of "wire fu" like in movies. As for the story line ? Well, they have to make that dramatic as well. So what are you left with... ?

Good thought MAC!
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Go Jun Long, aka tsefreeflow, this is for you:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...961#post452961

Talking

LMFAO!!!

Go Jun Long,

What do you know about Bak Mei truth? Let me guess, your version, is the original version! LOL.

The only thing worse than a Bak Mei practitioner who doesn't know what he is talking about and rides on the name of CLC and the namesake BAAAAAAAK MEIIII,,,,,is a practitioner who knows nothing and rides on the namesake of some other,,,ORIGINAL VERSION...BAAAAAAK MEEEEIIIII.

See, it sucks to be dissed doesn't it? How can you diss Zhoung Luo? Have you ever played hands, sparred, or fought with him? If not, SHUT YOUR FARKING HOLE.

it's ok though, you seem an idiot, and these days, idiots are beginning to reign supreme. lol.

TAO

Now why exactly is everyone saying I am dissing Luo. I only state a fact that he does not perform the Bak Mei of my Lineage (Futshan, not CLC, nice try TY) though he states Sigung's name, aka: Not doing it right. Spreading truth is not trouble seeking, but for those who it threatens.
    I can really see why Chinese teach selective foreigners, Tao Yin is a great example.
    Look at a map. Bak Mei originated in GuangXi, then CLC is GuangZhou. What do you see in the middle of this...Futshan. If you do not trust the Chinese Sifu's word, may-be the map can be of some assistance. Do you think it would make it to GuangZhou before Futshan. Its not likely they would travel around Futshan to reach GuangZhou.
    Many say they are best or whatever, I just know from my sifu what is right and wrong, that is all that matters to me.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

dont be so freakin pedantic...for crying out loud dude...getting it out there is getting it out there and anyone who is interested, will no doubt find their deeper truth, otherwise it's just generating interest...all good, you know

Thumbs up

Go Jun Long states;

"I only state a fact that he does not perform the Bak Mei of my Lineage (Futshan, not CLC, nice try TY) though he states Sigung's name, aka: Not doing it right. Spreading truth is not trouble seeking, but for those who it threatens."

I wasn't trying anything. Zhou states your Sigung's name, and doesnt do the forms right correct? But of course, you do; that is since your versions are original, and your Sifu only taught you the true BAAAAAAAKKKK MEEEEIIIIIIII. It's kinda funny how all of "you" (Zhou included) use the same "original" forms name though. What's a matter? Couldn't you all have made up different names than CLC did??

So Bak Mei originated in Guangxi now? And this evidence comes from???

Go Jun Long states;

"I can see why Chinese teach selective foreigners, Tao Yin is a great example."

Yeah right back at ya, I mean, read what you have posted so far. LOL

You are not spreading "truth," and neither is Zhou, and neither was CLC...just hearsay. And surely, you aren't threatening anyone. That's for sure.

It's all quite redundant, huh?

Hey brother, why do all these guys sound the same to me? Zealots selling their s.h.i.t in sermon type rants to an unrepentant flock. But realy who the hell are these people? And why should anyone care? I mean anyone would think this guy was actualy chinese or something and that he had some profound truth for sale. When realy he is just some american guy in AMERICA who waves his arms about in a perscribed way that may or may not help him to damage another person at some point in time. Like, big deal.
    My intent is to kill you, my heart wants you dead, my mind thinks of you dead, when I strike its to kill you - Sifu.

You are only as strong as your horse - Sigung Leung Cheung.