Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PiGua Quan

hi Buddha palm

Yes, I'd like to see any links you can share - also, what is the address of the active tspk site?
    I'm just curious about the style - it's a famous one, and now that we have the internet and a way to learn more about things that were once only as vague as rumors and legend, it's nice to be able to get some information from the authoritative source.

sites

Here is a little:

http://www.cyberkwoon.com/html/article.php?sid=188

Tongbei-pigua:

http://cclib.nsu.ru/projects/satbi/s...ems/pigua.html

I will try to find the active TSPK site a little later.

Isn't the net a great tool my friend.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

thanks, yes the net is wonderful if you are curious by nature

and yes, I'd like the active pek kwar site's address, if there is one.

I believe this is the active site:

http://www.taishingpekkwar.com/

Forgive me if its the wrong one.

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

Arrow I guess they've changed since moving to Canada?

I had no problems reaching Grandmaster Chan or his son when i e-mailed them.I got a quick reply from Master Chan Kai Leung himself.This was either during their move to Canada or right before their move.

He never once told me i had to buy anything or needed to subcribe to anything either.He did suggest that i come to the school to learn Tai Shing Pek Kwar from he or his father if i wanted to seriously learn the system.He did'nt even mention the video learning course.He said because at this time there is no one approved by his father to teach TSPK in the U.S.Although he does have students in the U.S. they are not at the level to teach the system yet.You must first master Pek Kwar before you are taught the The Monkey System.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    There are four lights... impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

oh, yeah, I've seen this

a lot of energy or focus seems to go on this discrediting of lineages.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    But at the bottom are links to pek kwar and Tai S___ pek kwar.

It's not discrediting of the lineage. It's straightening out the Actual lineage. It is not saying Tai S___pek kwar is bad because the people talking are from that lineage. And supposedly the rightful say and are merely cleaning house in the public eye.~

Go to the bottom of the link there are two dark blue/purple links to that for which you've been asking.
    There are four lights... impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Pigua Quan oh yea!

I just got blown away by a guy showing me Pigua Quan. Wow! That art is right up my ally.....

I like it!

Anyone here on this forum do it?

WuTang

Yes sir go to my links page, or better yet go to www.wutangcenter.com
    Grandmaster (my master) Yang Xiao Dong and all of his incredible Kung Fu Brothers have the key to this art bar none.

Darkfist

I have a friend who does piqua in NJ which is similar to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Darkfist
    Yes sir go to my links page, or better yet go to www.wutangcenter.com
    Grandmaster (my master) Yang Xiao Dong and all of his incredible Kung Fu Brothers have the key to this art bar none.

Darkfist

love the site!...cool movie...

I do a lot of western heavy weapons fighting (close to 20 years now....) and I'm a very one track kinda of guy..so I've been very tenative over the years about learning things that run counter to what I'm doing physically with the sword. I don't fight from an "A" frame stance (aka boxer's stance) but from a western stance where blows start from circular motions from behind the head...

Pigua Quan has (from what I've been shown) a lot of the same circular mechanics I do with the sword. Even the primary stance is very simular to the stance I use ...

I'm very intrigued by Pigua Quan.

Pigua: Is it really old or reconstructed?

Can anyone clarify the origins of Pigua?

I've heard that it's actually a fairly modern (20th century) reconstruction. Is that true?

It is possible; wouldn't surprise me. In most case all styles got revamped in the 20th. century, i.e., forms, theories, etc.

Thumbs up

the last revamp or improvement happened in the late 30's and early 40's

when kuo shu people came together. (nanjing kuo shu guan and then moved to chong qing/chung king after japanese invaded shanghai and nanking)

kuo shu guan was disbanded in 1948 due to civil war and lack of money.

1. pi gua was always light on feet.

so they adopted tong bei stepping especially tuo la bu, advance the lead foot and drag the rear foot foward.

2. pi gua bundled with ba ji.

--

some of the basic hand moves were old, they were even recorded in ming's general qi ji guang's book.

--