Thread: To my buddhist friends

To my buddhist friends

Hey guys:

I would like some info about the ancient buddhist texts, I mean, the ones with the basic teachings and saying of the Buddha.

I am not talking about comments on buddhism or ritual texts, but the basic ones, like the Tao Te Ching for the taoism or the four gospels for the christians (based primary on sayings).

I have read lots of ancient religious texts, but I am mostly interested in the ones containing the canon.

Thanks in advance
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Thanks!

Yeah, the Tripitaka is what I'm talking about...discourses by the founder, and the laws of conduct of the particular belief. That's what I'm interested in.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Smile Sutras

Personal preference would be the Vajracchedika-Prajna-Paramita Sutra a.k.a. Diamond Sutra (in the west). Heart Sutra is also very good but it's a little bit too condensed.

Namasté

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

the best :) imho

personally im a huge fan of the majjhima nikaya (middle length discourses of the bhudda); and close behind that is the digha nikaya (long length discourses of the bhudda)

if you can find this collection you'll definately enjoy it... the style takes a bit getting used to, because all the sutras were originally passed down by oral tradition, so there can be a fair bit of repitition

but i've found these two books to be the most helpful in my path... in fact i cant see what else i would need to read aside from them (theres more than enough in those to last a lifetime!)

peace
    travis
    Travis

structure in motion