Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Resolutions

Talking New Years Resolutions

I have just made mine
    It is to practise Kung Fu for at least 1hr a day, and to play my guitar for at least 2hrs a day. I love both of these things, but don't do either as much as I should, and when I do its always sporadically. So I've decided to be more regimental about it and to set myself a minimum.

You guys think I can do this? I'm a big believer in discipline and all, but is it asking to much of myself? If so, tell me. If not, give me some motivation please

BTW: What are everyone elses Resolutions, and why?

PS. Hope you all had a great Xmas
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

i would say good luck in your training

My new years resolution is to train more also...i've got a hard qigong test in May so have to train up hard for that. I really want to be able to blitz it.

The best way i have found to organise my time is to make a timetable...it sounds kinda nerdy, but it seems to work. The times are never as exact as they are on it - but at least i know what i have to do each day! It covers training, Classes, study and recreation time of course. Am i a geek or wat

Thing is though, i'm at University and the total opposite from a 'typical' student. i will have to get up at 5am to train - that's when most others are just going to bed
    They usually wake me up around 3am - so now i can get my own back waking them up at 5am

Anyway, good luck in whateve ru do...
    david

Nah

It's not nerdy (s******) I actually find planning really helps. I am the most disorganised person in the world, so the powers of planning frequently amaze me! I'm off to Uni this year if I get through these A levels, so hopefully I'll have more time on my hands.

Training at 5.30am though. THAT is dedication. At about 5.30, I'm still dreaming of becoming Superman/T1000 and saving the world/kicking some arse/bedding Uma Thurman

-Bible Truths.

BTW, before you think I've insulted you under that mass of ****'s, the word concealed is:

s n i g g e r

Godda mn censors, can't ever laugh at a fellow Brit any more......

-Bible Truths.

5 AM to 5:30 is my favorite time to train, but I have a hard time staying on that schedule. I suppose that'll be my resolution, to practice every morning before work.

Also, to change my eating habits. My family happens to be masters of cookie making and junk food eating, and I have mastered the system, so I've gotta change that, or I'll end up being Marlon Brando.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Mmm

Beats Ginger Fist's family style

I also must stop with the junk food. Esp. The chocolate-filled Oatcakes and the caramelised Back Bacon

I can NEVER train that early, I'm just not awake enough.

Ah Marlon, how he has fallen. An example to us all of how we MUST keep in shape. Hell, I had to watch "A Streetcar Named Desire" for my English Literature A-level, and I didn't recognise him, even though I'd seen his name in the titles! But he did put in a good performance in Apocalypse Now......

-Bible Truths.

sex sex sex and sex!
    A

For me, its a matter of schedule. Two nights a week, I have to go to kung fu, three if I need to run class that week. At least one night, I'll probably need to work late. Therefore, I'll only have one or two week nights to spend with my family, and can't really do kung fu during that time. However, early in the morning, they're all asleep, anyway, so they won't miss me.

Plus, it makes me feel sort of in touch with the old masters, practicing before the sun is up, in the wind and cold.

DREAM: Standing in the morning light, the sound of the waves as calming as the womb, the morning rays warming my back.

REALITY: Noise of traffic p!sses me off mucho, morning light is in my eyes and the morning rays do nothing to avert the da mn coldness of the British winter.

Nope, I'm training inside, usual time, usual place. Maybe if you live in Kansas City, but NOT in Stoke-on-Trent.

-Bible Truths.

Yeah, cold sucks, but I'm pretty well designed against it(big German *******). Camped for a week one time in an arctic blast(negative 40-50 degree wind chill factor). I was too stubborn to give up, so I did a huge amount of meditation and chi kung, then practiced every waking moment. Plus lived in Minnesota two years, that should've taught me to move to the desert, but I guess I'm a slow learner.

The wonderful thing about practicing outside in winter is that there is absolutely no way you will slack off your practice as long as you're out there.

Does it rain in winter where you are, or iis it colder than that? Near freezing rain is far worse than snow, IMHO.

Here

It is ALWAYS raining, ALWAYS below about 8 degrees C, and almost always the most depressing sight bar Ralek's house.

Freezing rain is the norm during winter, but it ain't as bad in summer. Our climate is apparantly "temperate". Yeah right.

Although I still go hiking all the time. I just can't face going out in just my gi and getting laughed at by the neighbours

In SOT, frontal rainfall off Snowdonia pretty much f*cks us up 24/7.

-Bible Truths.

u train in a gi outside? cool!

well i'm at Uni right in the middle of Wolverhampton! Bloody freesing and usually raining also.

But i don't train outside in a gi. Bright White Gi = more chance of me being seen! That's why i wear balck

Seriously - that's why i go outside to train so early. Training takes a couple of hours, so i go when all the other students r dead to the world in their drunken coma
    Also because i'm meant to train from 5am-7am and 5pm-7pm each day. The fear of the hammer breaking the bricks on my head is what wakes me up every morning

Actually i find it freshens me up and makes me feel awake. that way i can actually do some study early so i can b lazy later!

david

I suppose

I don't usually train outside, only if I'm REALLY in the mood to train. I usually jog round the countryside of our nearby village (not in a gi!), then do some forms out back. I find that the fresh air helps a lot in my training, better than a stuffy old gym anyhow.

I do like the idea of training at 5.30, but I do too much at night. I'm never usually back before 11.30, and after that it takes ages to unwind. As soon as I form a band at Uni and go gigging, it'll kill me.

-Bible Truths.

DelicateSound
    i can empathise with not training outside much.I live in dublin,ireland.so its generally not a nice idea to train outside, unless you wanna freeze your *ahems* off.

u know i was only teasing about the gi thing

Training early suits me fine...even though i don't usually go to bed until about midnight. I guess i just need less sleep? But i know when i start training hard qigong properly, then i am meant to get at least 7 hours sleep. I guess i'll just have to make the sacrifices...**** - and ma gf is coming to stay

david