Thread: great video!

great video!

One of the gifts I received this year for the holidays was the Bruce Lee DVD collection which is basically a five disc set of all his kung fu movies with the exception of "Enter the Dragon" along with a bonus disc.

No big deal, right? That's what I thought till I watched the fifth bonus disc which was a documentary of Bruce's life from his childhood acting days to his rocket to superstardom and later his death. A great disc! Somehow I don't think this dic can be found outside of this disc collection, but you can try. Maybe this is old news to some of you, but I certainly enjoyed this immensely. Just thought I'd share. Peace!

Have a safe and joyous holiday season!
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

I got the same collection. I'm not sure y they even included "the game of death" in that collection, i think there was only like 1 min where bruce lee was actually in it. The rest of it had some guy with big glasses covering hiss face subing in for bruce... But i gues that 1 min made it worth while... it was a **** good 1min...
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

I saw a documentary about Bruce Lee and it said the proper game of death footage had been found, not only that the documentary showed a great deal of the footage - all Bruce!! It was very good.

Gotta love Game of Death. You can tell when the extra dude is trying to be Bruce and when Bruce is Bruce. I loved the opening, the fight seen from "The Way of the Dragon" when Bruce had really short hair, then in the next scene, he has a full head of hair. Or when the extra is talking to the guy in his shack, and it shows his face, and all they did was take a photo of Lee and put it over his face (and when he moved, his face didn't move).

Or how he always wore those huge glasses to help hide the fact he wasn't Lee, or how the camera always did close ups from other Lee movies. Then the fight scene when Lee's character was dressed like that old **** and beats the crap out of the bad guy.

I think the only parts that really had Bruce Lee close up was when he did the Nunchaku trick, and SOME (but not all) of the fight sequences with Kareem Abdul Jabar (sp?). Anyway, you can tell when it is him when he fights Kareem and when it isn't. There is a different haircut. The real Lee was sweating and had some of his hair spiked up) while the fake had his hair nice and smooth.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 12-31-2001 at 09:40 PM.
    I have a signature.