Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who Has Chi

no offense but for a 15 yo, he doesnt sound his age Sam
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

's alright.

I think I know who he is.

And if he's not that loser, he's probably Ralek with an extremely good troll. But I'm betting on the other loser, whom I have already told to kiss my a$$, which he can still do as far as I'm concerned.

We have a name for his kind where I am from. "Carriers of silver-headed canes." Those who understand, will know what I'm talking about.

We also have a name for Ralek's kind, but it's not polite to say it in public.
    Last edited by Sam Wiley; 01-10-2002 at 10:12 PM.

yeah ur pretty high and mighty sir. Considering you're located in the U.S. and i'm in CANADA i doubt that I'm this ralek person. We have names for people like you to :P. And wtf is a troll?
    - "Why should the marathon go to the swift? Or the jumble to the quick witted? Because god gave them their GIFTS? Well I say CHEATING is the gift man gives himself!" - Monty Burns

and what's so bad about being 15?
    - "Why should the marathon go to the swift? Or the jumble to the quick witted? Because god gave them their GIFTS? Well I say CHEATING is the gift man gives himself!" - Monty Burns

Wink

Nothing is bad about being 15, I wish I was 18 again.

Writing and expressing views that seem to be far above what is expected for this age tends to prompt questions as to weather you really are 15.

Either you are 15 and are very, very good. Or you are not.
    Another possibility is that you are and are acting as a mouthpiece for some one else.

If you are 15 I feel bad for you.

It seems that you have not learned to keep and open mind along with humbleness and tolerance in respecting others viewpoints.

but thats okay after all your only 15 right? still time to learn and grow.

luck in training
    enjoy life

Why criticize someone for being arrogant and lacking humbleness? It is the arrogant who make themself sick. Arrogance is counter-productive to chi kung, just think about it.

What is the pose of someone who is arrogant? Nose in the air to society? Cutting off the qi from the brain?

- Nexus

heh I'm not arrogant about anything. Maybe cause i'm 15 you say that but I'm not. I keep open mind to everything and learn as much as I can and I don't act as a mouthpiece for someone else. What reason would I have to?

And how is being arrogant counter productive lol? I respect a lot of other people's view points but then sometimes you cannot deny :P. I don't consider myself paritcularly good in any of the martial arts i take but still. Everyone knows their martial art well knows what to look for

...and I wasn't flaming Erle Montigue on being bad. THe thing that got me mad was that he decided to teach his incomplete Tai Chi to everyone. He may have the theory down but he doesn't have the actual kung fu.

And you have met Erle in person or you just came to that conclusion because of your advanced knowledge on the subject of tai chi? Or perhaps its because you've heard people say similar things about Erle and you want to hop on the bandwagon in order to sound as if you know something?

If that is not the case, feel free to enlighten us on which part of Erle's tai chi is incomplete and what theories in specific do you speak of?

Wink

Zantesuken,

One question, I won’t bother this thread any more.

Can you do what you say others can’t do with your present experience?

Or is it a case of your teachers or people you know being able to do something that you can not? Not being able to do it, you draw conclusions about others based on something that you yourself can't do yet.

In either case if you could do it, then it might be more a matter of level and interpretation and it doesn’t matter what any one thinks because you know it. This place is not a proving ground.

If it’s the latter case then you really don’t know, but write well for some one only 15.

In any case it’s pointless to bring it here.

luck in your training
    enjoy life

argh bambooleaf the line is confusing but i think i get ur question. No I cannot perform true fa-jing but I've seen it in action from my sifu. Afterwords he did explain it to me and everything and showed me but heh 5 years experience isn't enough for me. I don't know how exactly to explain 'incomplete' but it's just there. Erle knows how all the application of the forms and movements to combat and stuff but what i mean by doesn't have the kung fu down is that if he were to go up against a real master at it then he wouldn't last.

and i know this thread isn't a proving ground but it's not what I had in mind the first time i wrote a post. and i don't know of other people who joined the bandwagon. I found taijiworld.com when i was looking through for tai chi resources to look at because i wanted to find a chen style school in canada. and it's not MY interpretation of the videos that erle posted on his site. I was curious because the link said "video example of REAL fa-jing" so I dl'ed both that and his broadsword form and burned it to vcd. Then i took it to my sifu and showed him and that's when my sifu pointed out the stuff. So it's not like I loath the guy but it's more like he does stuff wrong :P. I respect bamboo's insight because yea I'm not super tai chi guy but it wasn't entirely based on my own thoughts in the first place. :P and it's not like ur bothering the thread heh. I think i caused too much commotion and yes i am 15! what's so hard to believe?!

what's hard to believe is that you are familiar with the level of what you are talking about. most people at age 15 can barely grasp some of the concepts you speak of, yet you seem to (at least want us to think that) you have a thorough understanding of said concepts. Your last post shows what we were (at least *I* was) looking for; namely that your sifu made the comments about Erle's skill and abilities, and you regurgitated said comments on the forum. I can only speak for myself, and this is what I have done, but I strongly suspect I am not alone here.
    also try to remember that just because something is done differently does not necessarily mean it is done 'wrongly', only 'wrongly' in the context of the other method. if i learn method 'a' and you learn method 'b', is one wrong? only relatively, from the other viewpoint. your method may appear inconsistent with mine, because i learned it differently. however, if they both produce effective results, who is to say which one is the 'right' method?

considering that my original sifu passed away and i talk to my grandma who i kinda guess is my sifu because she's stil better than me she only said two things. First she said that just moving your hips won't giv eyou true fa-jin and that true jing in tai chi is the fusion of your intention and chi. (yi hei hup yut in cantonese) and secondly she said that his broadsword form is crap.

THe rest of it I consulted from a book to look at it. 70% of tai chi theory i can grasp by myself an din terms of mechanics as well. I do however read a LOT of tai chi books and that's how i know my stuff. and wtf i don't just regurgitate things. heh i guess i said it in the wrong way. that's sucha crappy way tho! i didn't mean to completely flame the erle guy but then it kinda turned into that lol :P.

and seeing as how I can't understand tai chi i also studied the toa te ching by lao tzu and studied several different versions of the book (since all translations are not completely accurate) and yeah i relate that to tai chi when i can. and also it's not THAT hard to grasp things. I take other martial arts which helps with the understanding. i'm always bored at school so i spend classes thinking of tai chi and stuff :P.

oh yeah sorry i didn't read your entire post heh i'm in the middle of work. for th e a and b method thing yeah both are right ways and each style has different ways of doing things but they always share core principles. centered, relaxation etc..

Smile Moshan

All of you are right on the money and technical too. You have made this topic hot and heavy. Can you feel the chi?

xiaotiema