Thread: anybody read this book yet

anybody read this book yet

Kung Fu Elements: Wushu Training and Martial Arts Application Manual -- Shou-Yu Liang, Wen-Ching Wu; Hardcover

I just came across this book in the latest Tai Chi magazine. Has anyone seen it? How is it?

Thanks

Sho Pi

Quite well done....

It is a good source book for traditional and contemporary training methods.

Without being to blatently obvious in promoting my teacher, I think this book was very well done in discussing, explaning, and giving insight into the various styles of CMA. It took him over 20 years to compile and write, and he explained that sometimes for the last 3 years he spent 10 hours a day on most days writing.

I can tell you that there are 512 pages and a great appendix listing and recognizing many CMA practitioners and styles in North America. This book was only technically released on Dec 25, 2001 and so far has sold hundreds of copies from the publisher.

If you would like to see a description for this book, check out our website...

(This is my first post to this forum, so please excuse me if you see any bizarre artifacts...)
    Perry Lo
    www.shouyuliang.com

perrylo

i live in seattle (but have been trying to find a way to move to vancouver...maybe) and have some questions about your school. could you email me at:

mydharma@
    yahoo
    .com

thanks!

This book looks very interesting. I will be sure to pick up a copy as soon as I can free up the fifty bucks .

Hi shaolinboxer,

Yeah, I can understand that the cost of this book may be too much for some people. The first edition was published as a hardcover, which is very beautiful, but also very costly. I think there will eventually be a paperback version of this book as well, but Grandmaster Liang hasn't said anything so far.
    Perry Lo
    www.shouyuliang.com

Although a cheaper paperback would be nice, if the quality of the material is high enough that is a text book, it's already pretty fairly priced. Similar high quality text books sell for about $40, although this would be the first one on the topic of wushu I have seen.

Good luck to you sifu.

No but

I have it on order. I have a few of Liang Shou Yu's books and I like them alot.

I'll let you know how it is when I get to read it.
    "I believe that, in a stupid society, intelligence is useless." - Shen Congwen (My Education)