Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Li Lian Jie (Jet Li)

hhehehe, good explanation. I know I know, Im supposed to come over some time...I promise I will soon.

I have sooooooo much to learn.
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

"I know I know, Im supposed to come over some time...I promise I will soon."
    Hey dont make it sound like that You sound as though im trying to hint to you and i wasnt.
    Of course it would be great to get together for a train sometime but there is no rush. Whenever you get some free time just sms me.
    By the way... How are your jumping kicks? Mine are starting to dwindle and i need some tips.
    Got me thinking about my old Tae Chi sifus now... I might go down there over the next week and see if any of them are still training. If so might have to get back into it.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Sorry, Jon.

BUT i didnt mean for it to sound that way. I actually wanted to make it sound like it was my fault for being so **** lazy! not that im obliged to got to your place.

Just got back from training after a three lesson break and i was GREAT! bit stiff but good. I had to spar this guy that likes me, but he makes me sick! He's tall and although he has really hard kicks he is very very rigid in his technique and very stiff. So I sparred him and got him a few times with my best kick (which is dut chaki) back kick.

He has no sense of coordination what so ever so as a result he kicks my thumb when I tried to block a palding (which is low turning kick to the ribs) *******. Almost broke my precious thumb.

Never mind. Im quite happy. Jumping kicks arent that good, havent tried them for a while.

HEY, if your going down there as he's there and you guys start training again you have to tell me IM COMING!!! i have to learn that form again! you better tell me dragon!!!!!

Anyway Il call ya soon....thats right its YOUR turn!! lol, just kidding, il call ya.

Tae Li.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Ok, so Im really interested in those that have seen "The One", and what they think...im just curious, not that your opinion will base my jugdement...no one will EVER make me judge Jet Li in a negative way!

By the way, who's got Optus cabe In Australia?

Check out every Friday of this month...Kung Fu friday, which means kung fu movies ALL night long!!! Its great!!!

Next week is Jet Li in part 1 and 2 of Once apon in China...see them before but still.........

By the way, I wondering who knows where the philosophy of ying and yang derived from? You know, the whole concept of balance......

Keep in touch and PLEASE if you have any new info on my darling Li lIan inform me asap...its good to keep up to date you know?

Tae Li

-Tae Li.

sorry, got long-winded

Tae Li

Although I am not as big of a Jet Li mark as you, I have seen all his movies. But you cannot seriously think that "the master" (not to be confused with "tai chi master") was any good. if that were the first jet movie i had seen, i probably would have given up right there! as it was, i saw "fist of legend" first and the rest is history
    if you're still looking for dragons of the orient, i have a vcd if you want it. its in chinese so you might not understand it, but at least you'll be able to see it. it should work on your PC or DVD player. email me your address and i'll be sure to get it to you.
    as for "the one", its pretty good but i still think "romeo must die" was his best american movie. from what i've heard, there are plenty that disagree with me though. the fights in "kiss of the dragon" were probably better, but RMD had a better (and less of) story.
    i'm looking forward to the chinese made "hero" directed by zhang yimou that i believe has just wrapped up filming. puts jet back in familiar chinese territory. i think monkeypeaches.com still has some info about it if you haven't heard about it.

as for "the one", some of the fights were good, especially the final battle and the special effects worked better than they looked on the trailers on tv. plus the soundtrack was pretty cool. downsides are mostly acting concerns. if they put jet into one of the upcoming projects with tom cruise or steven spielberg, and then combined all the good points of these movies, they could have come up with one really good movie. as it is, "the one" is pretty good.

my top jet movies (in no particular order):
    Tai Chi Master (also known as Twin Warriors)
    Kung Fu Cult Hero
    Fist of Legend
    Fong Sai Yuk I+2 (Also known as the Legend)
    Once Upon a Time In China I, II, III, OUATIC and America
    Shaolin Temple, North and South Shaolin

the worst of the bunch:
    The Master
    Kids from Shaolin
    Dragon Fight (not to be confused with "dragons of the orient")

-Wang Si Zhong

Wang Si Zhong.,...

Thanks for the insight!

Il be sure to keep pay attention for that last fight scene in The One. Im going to see it this Thursday...cant wait!

Your an esl teacher? cool. So is my sister. She also teaches Japanese......

So, Il send you a private message with details for Dragon of the Orient....really appreciate it......

Tae Li

-Tae Li.

OK, fine....I said I was done but something always brings me back to a decent Jet Li thread.

The Master was not THAT bad! I like it simply for the fact that it can widely be considered Tsui Hark's "white elephant" film! And the Latino kids chasing him around calling him "sifu" is funny! Admit it!

And I think you are way off on Dragon Fight! The brutality of some of the fight scenes alone are worth the price of that film!

Personally, I could have done without Hitman. There was nothing really special about that one at all, and the ending is so...blah.

I think The One has been Jet's best American effort so far. Kiss of the Dragon follows even though the ending was kind of...cheesy. Romeo Must Die was OK but definitely not the better of the American efforts. Very good fight scenes in each of these films though. But when has Jet ever done a bad fight scene?

I think Hero will be very good from what I have heard so far, and I hope that the Green Hornet thing pans out. I've also heard about a possible fim called The First Emperor...anybody have any more info on this, or was this changed to Hero? Heard some conflicting things.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Originally posted by Silumkid
    OK, fine....I said I was done but something always brings me back to a decent Jet Li thread.

Gee thanks! You just put a smile on my face! heres anothere one! WELCOME BACK TO A DECENT JET LI THREAD!!

The first Emperor? havent heard of that yet...sounds like part three to Moral Kombat.........

And EXACTLY Jet Li has never been in a bad fight scene, I mean some of the plots are really 'plonky' (this is my own word-dont go looking it up) but the majority of his films are rather decent in content...dont get me started. I would alos have to say that the funniest Jet Li film so far is High Risk...Seriously, it was really funny, unless I have a weird/bizarre sense of humour....

Who knows bout 'Invincible'? isnt that the combined series with Mel Gibson about philosophy or something? its only screening in the US i think.....

Anyways, here something simple from Jet Li to get you thinking....."the difference lies in degree".

Tae Li (or Li Lian lover as Jon would put it.)

-Tae Li.

heheh im a bastich tonight

"And EXACTLY Jet Li has never been in a bad fight scene"

Obviously you guys have never seen Jet pretending to do chicken kung fu whilst fighting an enormous centipede... [last hero in china]
    Or maybe the one where Jet trys uses 'wonder screw' as a mystical spear kung fu technique. [New Legend of Shaolin]
    Then there was that time when in the middle of the fight both him and his opponent start pretending to be drunk and simply show off for a while for no reason. [Shaolin Temple]

Before anyone bites my head off im just being a smarta$$ so dont get too mad
    Seriously though Jet does have some very bizare fights in some movies, although they all at least get a laugh.
    But chicken kung fu... That was just too much.
    Still he is a favorite and ive got 9 of his movies on DVD now including all the ones i listed above.
    Anything where Jet Li and Yuen Woo Ping get together you know there is gonna some warped out wizard stuff going down
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

silumkid:

you might be right about some of the "dragon fight" scenes.
    maybe i was a little biased because it took me so long to find the movie and then i was disappointed that it wasn't the best thing i'd ever seen.

but i maintain that "the master" IS that bad, although i might grant you that the gang guys calling him sifu are a little bit funny

as for "the first emporer", i haven't heard that title before but it is what "hero" is about. Shih huang ti, the first emporer of china is the target of an assassination attempt.

for more info on "hero" and "invincible", check out jet's homepage (www.jetli.com)
    in brief, "invincible" is a tv show developed for a US cable network that jet li and mel gibson collaborated on. so far its just a pilot for a series, but if it becomes a series jet doesn't rule out making an appearance. i think it stars billy zane and has some basis in chinese 5 element theory.

Wang Si Zhong

p.s. little known fact: "the one" was written as a vehicle for the WWF's the Rock, but he turned it down and vince mcmahon offered to get them jet. that piece of info. won me tickets to a movie theater screening of a WWF pay-per-view!
    Last edited by wangsizhong; 01-06-2002 at 10:08 AM.

Jet's hompage hasne been updated in quite a while so its same old same old.....

From what everyone hastold me now I dont really have high expectations for the One, but still il leave my judgement to the end. THREE DAYS TO GO...Im not sad case,im just obsessed!

So what are the chances in this lifetime that I will actually get to meet Li Lian? Dpoes anyone know where he lives in China? Is it in Beijing Teibei where he was born? I guess he's upgraded since then..I should go to China ad look for him on the set of Hero.

Ok Im rambling now....and yes he may have some very weird fight scenes in some of his films, but come on, IM not going to admit to that...i guess i just did.

you know what I love about him? How his this big action hero yet in all his characters he is stil so humble and moral and decent and all that. He just takes my breath away

Well, there aint nothin else thats new, so please feel free to choose a topic (concerning Jet of course) and open up a discussion. Ialways check this thread with anticipation for replies...hehe

Tae Li

-Tae Li.

Come on people!!! surely you know something new about Jet Li that I dont!! fill me in whats the latest??????/

Tae Li

-Tae Li.

tae li:

i'm still waiting on an address. if you emailed me, try private messaging instead. the entire excite email network went down so i dont have a reliable email address at the moment.

as for new jet info, i just couldnt think of anything. oh wait, maybe you heard this already but his "monk in new york" project got shelved because of chow yun fat doing a similar thing in his "bulletproof monk". come to think of it, i might have read that on this forum...

btw, what do you think of jet's idea that instead of making one awesome movie with all the top gongfu stars, he would rather have each star make their own movies so that there would be more movies to choose from? i disagree with him. i'd rather see them make one awesome movie with yuen woo ping choreographer, starring jet, jackie, michelle, chow, cgi bruce (just kidding), donnie yen, etc. with a great script writer and director, that would be worth watching 8 times, than have a bunch of mediocre movies that you might see once. at least to try it once anyway. i think hero will fulfill that partially given it has some big chinese names attached to it.
    what do you think?

-Wang Si Zhong
    Last edited by wangsizhong; 01-07-2002 at 08:13 PM.

Wang Si Zhong,

I havent e-mailed you my address yet because I feel too guilty about making you send me Dragons of all the Orient half way ac ross the world, so Im trying to track it down locally, unless I dont suceed.......

Monk In NewYork got shelved? far out! It sounded like a great film....never mind...there will br plenty more.

Well, about JET's idea, its kinda hard to diasgree with someone you are obsessed with, but I do think it would be a martial artist's delight to see all our fighting hero's come together in one peice and show a magnificent display of ighting skills. With jEt being the one to shine in the end of course!!!

What does everybody else think?

Tae Li

-Tae Li.

I would love to see more MA movies made with all the MA stars. Like enter the dragon was so successfull because of this...so why not again?!

And thats pretty dissapointing about jet pulling out of the movie, because there can never be enough movies made about monks on a vengence!
    S.Teebas