Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Li Lian Jie (Jet Li)

or his tai chi training....

Michelle Yeow said in a tv interview (about the Croutching Tiger hidden dragon movie).. THAT she infact never trained in any martial art. I think that kinda kills your point right there, but we can keep playing if your nice

Now about training... Training for 5-6 months before an movie in the noble art of Movie Fu, is NOT too train in a martial art. You think Keanu Reeves is a martial artist? That's just pathetic (as my spelling ) Michelle is nothing more than that as Keanu, only she's been doing it for alot of movies. That gives her some talent, yes. But I dont care she was the hottest chick ever and she is still amazingly attractive for a woman of her age. I love every movie she has been in.

peace all
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

C'mon Kristoffer....how seriously can we take your opinion when your country laid down to the Nazis without even picking up a weapon? "We're neutral! Don't hurt us!"

If you hate Jet Li so much, go to a thread where someone cares and stop trolling on this one.

OK, so, from what I have been able to gather so far, "Hero" is the new name of "The First Emperor". Don't quote me on it, just what I have heard.

Did not hear that "Monk" had been shelved....also heard smatterings of Jet working on an as yet unnamed project with Jackie "Da Other Man" Chan! That will be sweet if it comes to fruition!

And yes, I have in fact seen the "chicken" fight and thought it fit in the context of the movie. Wong Jing has never made a very good movie throughout his whole career with a very few exceptions. The drunken in Shaolin Temple....well, what can I say? Erase the three seconds of showing off and it's still a kick booty fight scene. Besides, I always considered it artistic license to represent that they were "becoming drunken".

I am proud to say I own every single Jet Li movie in existence except for the ones not yet released on DVD. The only movie I don't have on DVD is Dragon Fight, so if anyone can point me to a DVD of that you will have my many blessings!

Now I'm spending time trying to figure out how I can get myself and enough food to survive the plane ride into a cargo box to Oz in my Fist of Legend look-a-like suit in order to be abused by Tae Li.

And in case you were wondering, I didn't think very highly in Invincible. It just seemed very plastic and trite to me. BUT, if they pick it up as a series then maybe they will take the time to improve the characters.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Does it really matter if some guy in Sweeden, who obviously knows nothing of wushu or Jet's training, thinks Jet sucks? He filthy rich, is doing something he enjoys, entertaining most of us, married to a beautiful wife, and doing more to promote wushu than most of us ever will. He's been trained full time in both performance and traditional wushu by many top masters. How well he can actually use what's taught is his own personal buisness. We have no way of knowing how good of fighting ability he has. And since I don't see too many people trying to mug him any time soon...who cares?!

Originally posted by Tae Li
    OMG!

Dont tell me that!! you really think that there is a chance of Jet Li actually brouse this forum and think of me as a potentail stalker?!! he is a martial artsist for goodness sakes, im sure he candle a girl with a big obsession

I dont think I would ever actaully do abything stupid if i met Li Lian in real life...except maybe propose..(just kidding!@!)
    no really, i would show him what a decent person I am instead.

Seriously.

Tae Li
    I reckon Jet would call you a stalker, and then go into his low stance, and fly around you and drop you on the floor and then pin your arms on the floor until you are helpless, and then, do some spinning triple flying kick, followed by a butterfly kick and spin you out and by the time he is done, you would have fainted and be in slumberland, and then he will perform his qi-gong and move in your dreams, and he will throw water and air and earth and fire around your dream and you would .... errr .... ahahahaa

ahem ... ok sorry.. my bad

Prana....errrr...I was a bit worried about me , but now Im more worried about you! Thats some imagination you got there!!

Kris....take it easy buddy...you sound like you fought Jet Li in a previous life and lost and now your back with a mission of vengence!! Doesnt matter, your still welcome to say what you want BUT.....

SilumKid is my new HERO!!!!!! Wasnt you that ****ed me off at the very beg.? gosh I cant even remember, but it couldnt have been you, not someone that would actually trouble himself to Oz in an attempt to get abused by me!!!! Look, tomorow im off to see The One, and il be back on the forum b4 you know it to let you know what i thought. Im going to analyse every single fight scene and grade the best one, not that Jet needs my approval....

But Fist Of Legend still rules..al the fight scenes rule in that one

Red5angel.....welcome aboard!!

You know what was the best? in KOD when his about to leave the hotel after massive distruction and that guy that spoke to him in the bar at the very beg. shows up and then Jet throws that kick in the air..does he kick a ball or something? and it goes flying threw the air and knocks the guy out...I LOVE that scene esp. in slow motion...ooooohhhhhh.lol

Wangsizhong, thanx for getting me back on track!! did you say that Dragons of the Orient, the one that you have was in Chinese? that might be a small prob, cos im not Chinese but still pics can always work...

Well, check back with everyone later...and please give Jet some credit, I mean he must have some talents considering he won all those wushu competitions. Sure wushu can be very demonstration and look a lot like gamastics, but im not one to judge, hey he still looks good on screen!!

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

tae li,

yeah, my "dragons..." is chinese. actually its a dual language track cantonese/mandarin so you'd have to turn off one of your speakers or switch to a single channel. its mostly him in his younger years with his teachers and family and stuff, but he's just one part of the movie. its like a documentary about wushu/gongfu in china, so its full of different forms demonstrations. there's even a scene with a guy climbing a brick wall with his bare hands.

the scene you're talking about is when jet kicks a billiard ball out of the pocket, then kicks it again at his foe. its one of the only scenes in that movie that is computer generated.

since you've probably seen "the one" by now, did you notice the bagua symbol on the wall in his house or the tibetan mandala in his little meditation room?

Wang Si Zhong

The One shows in cinemas tmoz..so no i havent seen it yet, but not to worry,Wangsizhong..il be sure to keep both eyes open!!

Tae Li

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Hey wangsizhong,

Does your Dragons of the Orient vid have a disembodied head Qigong demo? There's this head sitting on a table but it's still talking & moving around. Am I the only one that has this crap on my video?! My Dragons vid has subtitles but they're next to useless with bad translations and false info.

Tae Li,
    Shaolin Kungfu and This is Kung Fu also have alot of the same early Jet footage on it. This is Kungfu is probably the best quality of the three. I also think I allready know which fight scene you'll like best

Oh yeah Brad? and which fight scene is that???

il be sure to check the other videos or cd's or whatever they come in.

-Tae Li.

The Jet vs. Jet, Xingyi vs. Bagua one of course I think it took like 6 months just to shoot that one fight. Very cool.

I think your right.

6months to shoot that fight? holy crap! thats a long time for one fight scene. I guess I will have to pay extra special attention then!!

-Tae Li.

brad:

floating head qigong?!? not unless its hidden in a background somewhere.

reminds me for some strange reason of this thing my sifu in china showed me from a tv demonstration he was part of. this guy laid down with his head on the ground, put a 2x4 over his head like a see saw, then had a van drive over his head. it was all the more impressive because first they drove over a watermelon and obviously destroyed it (i have yet to see a watermelon with well-enough developed qi to withstand any sort of motor vehicle)

Wang Si Zhong

The last fight scene was disappointing. 6 months? jeez, u think they could have done a little better.

The best bit was the first couple guys jet beats up. More of the mass fight scenes were needed.

IMO bagua does not film too well as a movie style. their "movie style ba gua" was far too big and circular. I know they were emphasizing the difference between the linearity of xingyi and the circles of bagua but it looked a bit silly.
    Last edited by NafAnal; 01-09-2002 at 04:50 AM.

Originally posted by wangsizhong
    tibetan mandala in his little meditation room?
    <biased opinion>He must be a legend !!!!! ahahaha </biased opinion>

Tae Li, hmm not bad eh ? I wanted to chareograph (???) my own movie, the theme, spiritual, the plot, the prince who seemingly has everything watches people die and suffer in sickness. Disgusted... he....

ok ok ooops I am dreaming again My bad