Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Style

Your Style

Why dont people list their style in their profile? I thought your style is like who you are. You should be proud to list it. If I was learning kung fu from an old drunk bum on the street, I would say so. My style is the old drunk bum style. Do you guys know what I mean?
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

Smile

You study old drunk bum style? j/k

BTW: I noticed your MA style isn't listed in your profile. I can guess it based on your sig, but considering the topic of your thread...
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

My style is in limbo right now. I wouldn't dare claim Ba Gua or HSing-I as being mine yet, for we are still getting acquainted; but no doubt it is affecting my gung-fu already -- I'm at the top of my game and getting better each week.

I've studied Isshin-Ryu the longest, 14 years, then Hung Gar for 4, along with WC, and then S. Mantis for 3 very intensiely, all fighting.

I've beenw with my master now for nearly a year, studyig Ba Gua and Hsing-I with some Taiji thrown in for good meaure. In the end he teaches E-chuan, his own Way, different from Yi-quan.

So what's drunken Bum like? Ground fighting, or soft and misleading?
    Stillness in the heart of motion.

Ive been in the arts for over 20 years, I have Black belts in a couple styles, Im on the Boards of a couple National and International organizations.

My training is pretty broad so I wouldnt say one style represents me anymore.

www.usjjf.org
    www.usmaf.org
    www.yudofederation.com
    www.shihanryu.org
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 01-02-2002 at 04:58 PM.

I suspect a lot of folks don't like filling out profile type forms because it decreases (somewhat) ones anonymity.

This is only a guess. I truthfully can't see how a bit of info says who I am. And if so... so what.

Blog Entries
    To answer you question Richie. There are probably a lot of people here who don't really study martial arts. They are either trolls, kung fu movie fans or they have just read a lot of kung fu books. You get my drift.

If they listed their style it might lead to questions like....

who's your teacher?

where do you train?

how long have you studied?

what forms do you know?

etc.

These people want to avoid answering these specific questions because they'll inevitably be called out by people who actually study the art that they profess to study.

It's much easier to sit back and rant, criticize, badger and insult when you have no profile. That way when people call you out on it you can just make some **** up.

Then, of course, there's the people who are just to lazy to fill it out.

Peace and keep on Monkey kung fu'n.

most people like the anonymity of the internet and will reveal only as much as they feel comfortable with.

that's as much human nature as it is to be malicious and cruel in some cases.

anyway, I posted my style in my profile, it's "the good one".

I see that you are a axe fist player, you in Vancouver?

Prairie, long time no see, how's that government town on the prairies?

also-

show your weakness, hide your strength.
    peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kung Lek. Is that a picture of you? You look like a pansy.

He's the pansy eh? At least he's not afraid to show his on the internet, but then again, if I had face like yours, I'd probably be afraid to show it in public too...
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

What pansy means? I dont know that word!...BTW,I think he looks like a jerk!

Doon' waste you'self
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    One detail you might be missing is that when the new forum came up it didnt have "What style do you do" in the profile anymore. So when they put it back on you had to type it again or it would be blank.
    For those who survived the forum move (dramatic dont u think) i recomend you update your profile and also do stuff like enableing privete messages and stuff.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Style is so superficial and shallow.

Substance is better.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

that government town on the prairies

Hey again Kung Lek:

Nothing much is new in this government town. The agriculture folks are still asking for help. The health care system still blows. The number of people employed in honest, fair paying jobs is still dreadfully low. However, the kungfu here is still excellent. I'm still amazed that our little town has one truly superior taiji instructor.

How's life in metropolis?

Bye for Now

nice av chang
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.