Good to see this dicussion has come full circle and we are now discussing the problems in our arts as oppossed to why there so much better than everyone elses.
Bak Mei good on you for taking the time to explain your points better and make a mens with some of us from your afore mentioned styles.
I of course have LOADS of respect for internal arts and i actualy intend on studying bagua as is fairly common among Hung practioners of my linage, it limbers up the footwork and softens the spine making our normal movements more natural.
As stated previously one of the great things in Hung is the five animals and its what got me interested and keeps me there.
I love the ability of the art to mold to fit how im feeling at the time. I also train hard and with no filler i can use what i know and often fairly well. The tools i train i can also use, i study tiger - i have a conditioned claw. This is not the same everywhere and i have seen many give me art a bad name.
Still its good to know there are others out there also studying real martial arts and learning in the traditional way.
Respects to ya guys