Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you fight a seropositive agressor?

Question How would you fight a seropositive agressor?

It could very well happen. In fact you would probably know you fought a HIV infected person when your doctor talk to you about you having a "small" health problem yourself.
    So, How do you feel about punching somebody in the face and making him bleed all over the place?
    And you grapplers?...You may think: Hey, I'm safe! I use chokes and submissions and I can win with no blood spilled. What about if he bites you to the bone during close contact? If he only licks you in the eyes?...
    I believe ring fighters must take tests before entering a competition. It's a good rule but it does not apply to all these gang members ,junkies,prostitutes and their pimps,or even the sick and despaired who want to make others pay for his misfortune!
    What do you think?...
    And I almost forgot that most of the times,the guy will look O.K. Nobody could tell that he carries a potentionaly mortal disease!

Big hairy deal to taking a test for HIV. That shows that you were clean 3 months ago...at best. Some people can take as much as 6 to 12 months to go serum positive for HIV after exposure....which is why when you work in a health field and may have been exposed, you must wait 90 days or more...then a test...then one at 6 months and one at 12 months to be clear....

This is a statistically unlikely but real danger out there.....

i know this is off topic, but i remember hearing a story about a woman that found a hypodermic needle in her seat when she got up after a movie. there was a small note attached that said "merry christmas you got aids."

if i remember right it did contain aids infected blood but the lady luckily didn't get jabbed.

how would i fight someone with aids?

well .. . same as i would anyone . .. how the fu ck would i know? most people don't wear signs or tatoo the fact on their forehead.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    [B]i know this is off topic, but i remember hearing a story about a woman that found a hypodermic needle in her seat when she got up after a movie. there was a small note attached that said "merry christmas you got aids."
    Luckily that story is an urban legend.

Although the HIV virus is an extremly fragile organism it should never be underestimated or taken lightly. I'd be more afraid of being stuck by a junkies needle than him bleeding on me. Blood will wash off and the area can be disinfected, But if that blood goes into an open sore cut or scratch you could be in real trouble. Take as many precautions as you can anytime blood is present. Great post jong you knocked my thought track onto a new trail that hasnt been explored in awhile. I even had to dig into the memory file to remember seropositive and im a medic!!

GunnedDownatrocity is right.

My question should have been: As we cant really know if some agressor is seropositive, Does this makes you think about altering the way you would fight somebody?...

Nothing to add

I'm just testing my new avatar.

Ahem...

BASS! How low can you go?
    Death Row, what a brother know!
    Once again back is the incredible,
    The rhyme animal, the unattainable,
    D!
    Public Enemy number one!
    Five-oh said "Freeze" and I got numb.
    Can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun
    When it's the wax that Terminator X spun?
    Now they got me in a cell
    Cause my records they sell
    Cause a brother like me said, well,
    Farrakahn's a prophet that I think you oughtta listen to
    So watcha gonna do?
    Hear it on the news
    Follow for now, power to the people, say

hmmm...and that's where my memory gives out. Not too shabby, considering that album was stolen from me at least four years ago and I haven't heard the song in all that time.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Just remembered!

Make the miracle
    D, pump the lyrical
    Black is back
    All in, we gonna win
    Check it out -
    Here we go again

Turn it up! Bring the Noise!

Ah, much better.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Question can aids be contacted through saliva

such as kissing??
    my buddy said no,only if you both have mouthcuts,and they mix??

jong you wrote lick the eyes,help me out here

base . .
    how low can you go ..
    death row . .
    what a brother knows

one of my favorate songs and always in my playlist.
    where's my beer?

hmm . .. if i knew ...

i'd probably not want to fight them at all, but if i had to i would probably kick and knee allot more than i usually would. i'd target the body and throat rather than the head. if fact, i probably woudlnt target the head at all. if i were wearing long sleaves i would use more elbows too.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs up funnyness

in the last 50 hours i have listened to apocalypse91 like 5xs

Yeh, but Anthrax nearly ruined the song. It's the version on It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back that really kicks tuchis.
    Crippled Avenger

oh . .. i was talkin about the anthrax version.

i guess im dumb.
    where's my beer?

Eh, it's just strokes and folks, you know?

Anyway, you probably guessed about my preference from Chuck there to the left. I mean, I'm not wearing Joey Lawhatsisname's face for an avatar, right?

(I so don't follow metal.)
    Crippled Avenger