Thread: Your opinion.

Smile Your opinion.

I'm new to this forum and I would just like to say Hi.
    In your opinion, what is the difference between a pressure point and a nerve point?
    I have heard many discussions when people say that they are the same thing, and I have heard many people say that they are different. What is your definition of a pressure point? And what is your definition of a nerve point?
    Regards

Renlei.

Strikes on pressure points constrict blood and/or oxygen flow. Nerve strikes do exactly what they say they do. That's my interpretation, for what it's worth.
    K. Mark Hoover

Thumbs up

Good short answer, and straight to the point.
    Thankyou.
    Regards,

Renlei.

Siding with Budokan on this one. Good answer.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

According to the book we have all seen, Shaolin Chin Na, pressure points are a general term for different styles of achieving maximum damage with minimum force.One kind is where your nerves are closer to the surface of your skin and your skin/muscle/ligaments are all perfectly crossed to leave that point open /vunerable/exposed. In other words there is only a thin layer of skin over this point to protect it. Nerves run all through your body, but it is only these points at which they are accesible. Thats kinda why we dont go around knockin ourselves out every time we accidentally bang a part of our body on something.

There is also something called cavity press, which is what Budokan is thinking of. This has to do with techniques such as sealing the vein(i.e. cutting off ciculation to induce faint) This is the most advance stage of chin na, it requires hitting an area with the phoenix eye fist or index finger. Accuracy is a must.

The other part of chin na is joint locking and I think that speaks for itself.

Just the way I look at it.

Shaolin36

Sometimes a pressure point can be a vulnerable tendon or place on the muscle that can easily be attacked.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.