Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PUBLIC CHALLENGE TO PAUL KOH

SwiftKill Guest

PUBLIC CHALLENGE TO PAUL KOH

Hey, do you know that there has been a public challenge to Paul Koh from Sifu Hui Camberlen. On Sifu Hui's website(http://fujowpaikungfu.com/current.html), he makes a public challenge to Paul Koh and states his reason why. This is something interesting and I just wanted to share it with the kung fu community here. Check out the website for the complete info. http://fujowpaikungfu.com/current.html]]

Do you think he will accept?

MoQ Guest

Challenges are when you go to someones face and challenge them...

...public challenges are when you challenge someone to their face in public.

I have never seen this type of publishing a disclaimer on a website to be anything more than medicine for the publisher. Now when the rumour gets around to Koh does he post something on a website? This is where things get stupid...

A challenge is when you go up to someones face ans challenge them. If they don't respect your intentions they may just shoot you, most will have you arrested...

I say Fu Jow Pai/Hark Fu whatever, "Welcome to the club", everybody's got'em and everybody says "What can you do? It's a free country", 'cuz in reality, nobody cares.

Julio Gonzalez Guest

THE CHALLENGE.

Oh! ****, Mr. Paul Koh, now you have to except,
    or chicken out. Whats it going to beeeee!undefined[img]undefined[/img]

doug maverick Guest

reply from koh's student

let me just say that my sifu is one of the greatest sifu's out there the guy who challenged
    him must have some big balls and i will alert my sifu about this.

Julio Gonzalez Guest
    Will Black Tiger when you alert your so call Sifu, please let use know, because your paper tiger sifu doesn't have balls anyway. He's a joke!undefined

CPS Guest
    Hey Julio,

Is Hui Camberlen your Sifu? If so, why doesn't he have the balls himself to challenge Paul Koh personally, while facing him?

It's easy to challenge somebody on the internet. However it only questions one's own moral!!!
    If there's a real problem it should be solved face to face.
    This on the internet is just Hui Camberlen misusing the situation to get a name himself.
    Just like the Gracie - Botztepe thing in the magazines several years ago. They never fought, but it made Boztepe famous without ever proving himself. (Not that that I want to fight him [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Julio Gonzalez Guest
    Hey Patrick,

Hui Camberlen, has gone to paul's school and paul Koh, ran up the stairs like a chicken that he is. As for Hui Camberlen, trying to make a name for himself, well, for your intellectual edification kid Hui, is well known in the martial art world! Oh in answer to your question Hui Camberlen, is not my sifu.undefined

BrutallyFrank Guest
    Hi. I'm pretty new to this message board and to Kung Fu as well, I've got a boxing background and thought I'd try out proper martial arts when I moved to NY. Paul Koh is my Sifu and needless to say I was kinda shocked when I came across this posting. I guess I don't know enough yet to properly pronounce myself on this issue, but I would like to voice my opinion if I may; Sifu Koh strikes me as a hardass that would most probably not back down from a challenge if the cause was worthwhile. I plan to find out more about this (fellow students of Bo Law, please enlighten me) as I find it all hard to believe. Where and how would this full contact match be held? Isn't there a higher authority which decides who is allowed to teach which style to whom and why haven't they intervened? Is this entire thing just another inter-school rivalry that is based merely on trivial pinions that have nothing to do with the apprenticeship of Kung Fu?
    I'd like to learn more from anyone who's posted here. Thanks a lot!
    Cheers!

BrutallyFrank Guest
    Oh Boy.
    Well, I've read more about some of your feelings about Bo Law KF and Sifu Koh on another message board, and well, now I've gotta get some definitive answers! I'm a boxer and a street scrapper, not a authority on the issue at all, so attacking me for being a NEW student of Paul Koh's will surely not help. Again, some feedback from those who know will be much appreciated. Thanks again!

SwiftKill Guest

Just a bit of Info for Frank

Frank,

What are the definitive answers that you are searching for, if your sifu is a punk or not? Well first of all, it is true that your sifu ran into his school like a little girl when he saw Master Hui in the street.
    Let me explain to you the situation as breifly as I can so that you can understand what is going on. Your sifu all of a sudden (not sure exactly when) decided to proclaim himself as a master of the Fu-Jow Pai Black Tiger Claw System on his website. Two of the senior qualified instructors of Fu-Jow Pai, noticed this proclaimation on Paul's site and decided to each give him a call about this false statement. They called him because Paul is not a reconized qualified instructor nor a master of the Black Tiger Claw System by the Fu-Jow Pai Federation. However, Paul and the two seniors are friends (until Paul pull this circus act) so the two seniors of Fu-Jow called Paul to talk to him in a friendly manner about this. They each called him and told him that since he is not a reconized qualified master of Fu-Jow Pai by the GrandMaster himself, that he cannot make that false statement on his website. So Paul agreed with them, apologized to each one of them and told them that he would remove that statement that he made proclaiming himself as a master of Fu-Jow Pai.
    Then a few minutes later, both of the seniors from Fu-Jow receives a call from Paul's lawyer. This lawyers called claiming that they were harassing his client and wanted to know why. I don't know exactly what they told the lawyer but the lawyer end up apologizing to them and hanging up the phone.
    This action confused the two seniors and they did not understand why Paul had his lawyer called them; especially after the two had spoken to Paul and resolved the problem in a friendly manner as true martial artists would have. So they decided to go to his school and speak to him personally as gentlemens. The two seniors went to Paul's school and waited for Paul for he had not yet arrive, so they decided to wait outside. Then they saw Paul walking towards his school so they started to walk towards Paul. When Paul saw the two seniors, he quickly double time his pace to get to his school and then hides behind his students by telling them not to allow the two seniors in; therefore, not having the balls to tell them himself, alone tells you a lot about him.
    If you don't believe me, that's fine but ask him and as you ask him look into his eyes. Also, write back to us with his response to you please. I am curious what he is going to tell you. Thanks.
    O

ric4ard Guest

looks can be

When I went to Bo Law for an introductory lesson about 6 months ago I was very impressed by Paul Koh - he can definitely "talk the talk"... everything about building character, respecting your school, Shaolin's spirituality etc. He does run a top-notch business down on Canal Street.

I ended up joining another school and now that I see what a paper tiger (well put, Julio) Paul Koh is, I'm glad I didn't join his school. Looks like training with him will get you fit and give you some benefit, but to reach one's full potential through the martial arts one cannot be taught by a charlatan.

I encourage members of his kwoon to challenge him on this matter. Traditionally, challenges like
    Hiu's were used to get rid of the riff-raff and uphold the quality of the martial art. I for one could never train with a Sifu whose skill lay in his ability to talk and sell like an infomercial star but ran away (literally, I heard that story from reliable sources too) when faced with a real life situation.

If he does not even have the confidence to negotiate / discuss matters with two fellow Sifu's from his system (supposedly), what would happen to him in a fight? I guess it's not surprising he's not answering the challenge... I don't think he'd last 30 seconds against Hiu, IMHO.

peace as always
    --ric4ard--

BrutallyFrank Guest

Thanks

Thank you both very much for your feedback! I'm not one to get involved in anything that is sub-par, and I will most definitely get some direct answers from Bo Law on this subject. I'm originally from Montreal, Canada which has an impeccable reputation when it comes to producing fighters and martial artists(Renown for Wing Chun KF and Muay Thai) so I expect the best. If the best is not what I'm paying for right now, where is? Again, thanks guys for your answers, I really appreciate your honesty!
    Cheers

BrutallyFrank Guest
    After revewing much of what was said about my Sifu, I have come to realize that little to none of this bears much importance on my development as a martial artist. It's only the same people who write the same things over and over again. For all I know (which, granted may not be much), Paul Koh is a great teacher and a nice guy all around. I have thus far not seen anything that will discourage me from continuing to learn from him. His organization is top notch and the people that work for/with him are all very cool and very professional. After speaking with friends who understand the MA world better than I do, I was convinced that all this is nothing but an attempt to belittle someone who has made a household name for himself (who cares if it's real or not?, the workouts are good,strict, effective). Again, thanks everyone for the feedback, I still appreciate it.
    Cheers!

doug maverick Guest

sifu koh

as i stated none of you with the exception of frank know about koh's trainong he's know paper tiger as some of you suggest koh is a no bullsh*t
    kinda guy and i had the privilege of training under him and the training is harsh frank you should alert him about this ordeal know dout he knows but it's good to show him you concerned.
    judge not yet you be judged as the saying goes and if none of you have seen his training or skill you can't jugde the man also he studied under master tak wah eng a great master now who dares call him cower

Biejo Guest

Paul Koh

He's a fraud. Plain and simple. Get over it.