Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Savate

Exclamation HELP!! Savate people!!!

I have to do a piece of Coursework for my French A-Level, and so I've chosen to study Savate, in comparison with other MA's.

Are there any Savate people out there who can direct me to some good websites [French language preferably]?
    Crimson Phoenix - I'm looking at you

You'd be doing me a REAL favour.

Thanking you in advance - The Sound Man.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

I gotcha, lemme check today for some good sites, I'll be right back atcha in a few hours
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Thumbs up

Faster than light, here I am!!
    Check this one:

http://www.multimania.com/bfsavate/
    It's in french, but you have an english version under "links". The history is quite good, and you'll see some old school pictures with stances furiously gong fu like (especially the two kids, and the guy hitting the bag).

Try that one, kinda messy but you will find good stuffs (with cane too):
    http://www.cdbf75.com/Accueil/Accueil.asp

And a last page with links in french or in english:
    http://martialarts.about.com/cs/savate1/

Hope it'll be helpful, keep me informed if you have any specific questions/requests!
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Cheers guys - MUCH appreciated.

Now I've got to fing some French language sites on Kung Fu. Ah well...... it's a LONG road ahead......
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

What is the difference between old style savate and la boxe' franchaise savate?

I have read that Daniel Duby practices old style savate, which is different from la boxe' franchaise style, and his style is more self-defense oriented. Well, what exactly is the difference between these two styles? Also, what is it about old style savate that makes it more self-defense oriented? Thanks in advance.

'Chauson' it what savate derived from. From what I got from my teacher and a few books I got in Metz, France is that there where no punches in chauson or older savate just slaps to the face. The punches weren't added until a savateer was beaten by an English boxer. The term, "La Boxe' Franchise" I have seen been used interchangeabley with 'Savate' and I have seen it refer to the 'ring' fighting. I keep hearing the reference 'ring' savate and 'street' savate at my salle. So there is obivious differences in the techniques. I haven't fought in an actual Savate match yet so I don't really know what techs are allowed and the different applications. Hope it helps some.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Savate Through the Ages

All meant in fun. Any resemblance to characters, alive or dead, is purely intentional. Enjoy!

Once, after the War Between the States, a newpaperman from New York rode out West on a sway-backed mare. After many months of travel he came to a tent by the Platte River where a mule skinner sat, whittling a piece of wood.
    "Evenin'," the newspaperman tipped his bowler. "I've come to this wilderness because I heard tell there's a brave Frenchmen who lives in these parts, and I wanted to do a story on him."
    The mule skinner looked up from the corner of his eye, spit a brown stream of tobacco juice, and kept on whittling. "Boy," he said, "are you ever lost."

Hitler harangued his generals, his voice rising to a fever pitch. "We will blitzkrieg the French Army! We will scatter them like leaves before a great Aryan storm! Nothing will stop us. NOTHING!"
    One of the German Generals decided to temper the meeting a little with some commen sense. "Mein Furher," he said in a quiet voice, "we should not delude ourselves. The French will not roll over and die. They will fight tooth and nail for every inch of their country."
    A short silence fell across the room before everyone burst into relieved, hysterical laughter. The little Bohemian Colonel himself rolled on the floor, holding his side and screaming helplessly with mirth. An hour later, when all the giggles had finally been laughed out of everyone, Hitler clapped the general on the shoulder.
    "Let us go fight these courageous Frenchmen you speak of."
    With that, everyone burst into uncontrollable laughter again. And that's how the invasion of France was put off for 24 hours.

The sun shone merrily as the invasion army swept through the little French coastal town. A young girl, no more than seven, and holding her mother's hand, said, "Don't look so worried, mama. Our soldiers will take care of them."
    The older woman looked down at her daughter with concern and asked, "Have you been smoking hemp again with wine chasers?"

The Frenchman felt the deck of the Titanic tilt beneath his feet. He raised his face to heaven and proclaimed, "C'est la vie. Pepe LePew. Croissant and escargot forever." With those words he flung himself over the rail into the waters below, never to be heard from again.
    A dour Englishman who had been standing nearby removed his cigar from his mouth and proclaimed to a friend, "Dumb ba$tard. We haven't even left the docks yet."

"A savate player who also happened to be a Frenchman was a terror in the ring. He met his opponents with fist and foot, and left them a bleeding and broken pulp on the canvas. All men fell before him, all men feared him."
    The Father closed the little book from which he had been reading stories to his son. "The end," he finished.
    The little boy snuggled under the bedcovers and smiled. "I like adventure stories, Daddy. Tell me another?"
    The Father smiled at his son for he loved him very much. "There once was a Frenchman who was not only brave, but a great lover as well."
    "Oh, Daddy," the little boy complained, "I said I wanted an adventure story, not fantasy."

One day a little boy came to his father. "Pere, are we French?"
    The older man put his finger to his lips and cautioned, "Shhh."
    K. Mark Hoover

Good thing I'm not Fench. I got to read the whole article.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Talking

ROFLMGAO!!!
    K. Mark Hoover

what is transparent and lies in the gutter?

an american that Usama has kicked the **** out of

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

hii hii
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Haw! That's a good one, too. Fooled you, didn't I? Thought I was gonna get mad. Well, unlike some people I don't mind laughing at myself. I used to read National Lampoon when it was funny. Result: Anything and everything is fodder for comedy.
    K. Mark Hoover

Hey,, there is like a million jokes that can be made of my country so i wasn't really seriously u know..

Except for Sweeden. I don't think I've ever heard a sweedish joke. As far as I know I am swedish. The best my pollish friend could ever muster up was that I was a goddammn viking. OOoohhh that hurts.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen