Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Savate

Quote Originally Posted by sihing
    I was impressed with your Savate kicks Ernie when you demo'd some of them for Jon and I. I won't even attempt to take on learning that stuff yet, I still got lots to go over with what I have on my table right now..but in the future it looks like fun.
    Not me, I was impressed as well and my brain has taken to it like a sponge, I can't help it.

...so I went and bought Duby's video set.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY
    Not me, I was impressed as well and my brain has taken to it like a sponge, I can't help it.

...so I went and bought Duby's video set.
    so if we run into each other again , i should expect a few surprises
    but i do have a few private duby seminars and some with Vu !
    covering the stuff you don't get on his DVD's so i still might be able to do a little somthin somethin
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie

covering the stuff you don't get on his DVD's so i still might be able to do a little somthin somethin
    Hey Hey, don't forget your Canadian friends....

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie

Sweet!
    Sapere aude, Justin.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

yeah i was so impressed i got the duby stuff too. E's been spreading the good stuff

Are there any vids online that show the old-style savate?
    Monkey vs. Robot

Are there any MMA fights wherein savate kicks are used? Have any MMA fighters used savate as the striking base of their fighting skills?
    Monkey vs. Robot

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceofidaho
    E,

just an idea...... How about a short video compilation featuring Savate and how it blends in sparring with Wing Chun. Maybe take some of the footage of the guys sparring together and extract out the savate stuff to make a short montage for your webpage.

-L

L,

Check out Vunak's 'energy drills' tape. There are some cool examples and descriptions regarding savate kicks and sparring. Reviewing that with the new Duby videos is quite enlightening.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

Savate and Savate Books

Has anybody practiced Savate if so what is it like ? What about its history and Techiques ? I have 2 books on Savate does anybody know of any books in english on Savate ?

get urself a P2P client...eg. emule and a BitTorrent Client... theres a few docos on savate.. one is from the "deadly arts series" which have an ep on savate....

if u cant i can prolly set up an ftp or webserver for u download that ep from its around 300Mb .. id be SLOW so better if u dl it from somewhere.. but yeah ....

also has a some la canne stuff

so p2p up and look for the deadly arts to start with

It's French kickboxing, and to me....no offense...it looks really gay. But then again, so do most French people. (No offense).

I have met a few savate peeps. Including a acquaintance of mine now who I cross hands with on occasion.

Depending on who the player is like any art showcases how good it looks. Personally I think Savate is a excellent combative sport/combative fighting system with a lot of empircal work under its legs.

Here is a wonderfull link on the old school of street savate.

http://www.savateaustralia.com/

We don't talk about Savate

The mysterious fancy free French kick boxing art practiced by drunken sailors and ***** mongers. It's one of the first full-contact fighting sports and yet it's never discussed. How do the lords of MMA view this kicking fit of fury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Daz...layer_embedded

The Human Weapon's take for you who are unfamiliar with the fancy pants fighting style.

I never liked the way alot of them kick. It looks like its intentionally stiff legged and doesnt have the fluid whip of other styles

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down