Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chi and sex: Conflicting opinions

Chi and sex: Conflicting opinions

Hey guys,

I just thought of this. Traditional internal arts speak of "conserving the jing" (I think it's jing) by not ejaculating. But, modern (western) medical research says that men who ejaculate twice a week are healthier and have stronger immune systems than those who ejaculate more or less.

That's kind of strange. Or maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Re: Chi and sex: Conflicting opinions

By traditional internal arts, I'm assuming that you are referring to the Chinese Taoist internal arts such as Taijiquan, Baguazhang, Xing Yi Quan, etc. When Taoist methods speak of conserving the jing by not ejaculating too frequently, they aren't going to the other extreme of no ejaculations either. Extremism runs rather contrary to Taoist ideology. Instead, they would preach a bit of moderation. In Traditional Chinese Medical theory, too many ejaculations lead to depletion of kidney jing and qi, but too much restraint can cause imbalances also.

There is far more to be said and said better by those that have written on Taoist sexual practices. You may wish to find more information there. Also, you might try looking into Tantra. Though it is of a more Ayurvedic Buddhist origin, it too has plenty to say about conservation and expression of energy as related to sex practices. Best of luck.

Re: Re: Chi and sex: Conflicting opinions

As opposed to simply not ejaculating, I think it is more, directing the energy winds into your central psychic nerve instead of allowing to be excreted, this transforms "kundalini" (jing???) into "transcendental wisdom" and the different signs of dying.

Not contradicting at all
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

Oops, thanks for the clarification.

Iron

Go without ejaculating for 2 weeks. You'll feel the chi. I'm not kidding.
    Mohammed Ali used to abstain for up to 6 weeks before a fight. Said something along the lines of, abstinance makes a great fighter.
    Of course, a relationship can be a wonderful thing, probably contributes more to your overall mental, physical and spritual health than say, being frustrated. But if your up on that mountain meditating anyway, it's a good idea to show restraint. Work with it, learn the benefits.

-FJ

Smile Iron Fist

For what it is worth, a Qigong Master told me a while back about a Daoist's (Taoist's) formula concerning this subject. The bottom line is not to ejaculate for 100 hundred days. During these 100 days you drink a Tang (tea). After the 100 days, you follow a math formula.

An example of the formula is: 54 (my age) x .2 (variable Daoists came up with) = 10.8 . Which means that I should ejaculate every 11 days for my age. I experienced what I mentioned above and it works. After ejaculation I am not tired and don't want to sleep.

xiaotiema

Better hope you don't have any dreams about sex

Iron

dfe****o - That is an interesting formula, but seems restricting in from a taoist point of view in the sense that you are planning your ejaculation. That is of course unless you are keeping that to a general sense. Excellent post none the less!

- Nexus

This i s part of an interview with Mr. Ma Chuanxa, Master of Liang style Baguazhang, President of Beijing Baguazhang Research Society Association. The rest is on Jareks CMA page. Good read

JS: As far as I know Taoists suggest that one should also stop having sex, otherwise the Small and Large Heavenly Circles will never open. Is that true for Bagua Neigong practice as well?

MR.MA: Yes, this is very important condition. My teacher told me that at the very beginning - if you want to develop true skill, you must be like a monk, living in celibacy. There is a story about "Coal" Ma, who was selling coal in Beijing's Caishikou. When he started to study Baguazhang from Dong Haichuan, he took his quilt and moved out to live in the shop. He lived there for three years and did not return home even once during that time.

Your body requires one week to recover after one sexual intercourse. i.e. come back to the condition before the intercourse. One hundred days is required to recover Original Qi (Yuan Qi) completely (i.e. recover to the condition before one had any sex). About three years is required to open Small Heavenly Circle.

JS: What about married people? I'm afraid people who have families will have difficulty with developing any Internal Skill then...

MR.MA: There is not a big problem with practice in Middle Basin (Zhong Pan), you can still get Internal Skill. However once you decide to practice Lower Basin you have to stop any sexual activity.

JS: What if one decides to practice in Lower Basin without fulfilling that requirement?

MR.MA: You will only hurt yourself. Lower Basin is a very demanding practice for the body and it will not be able to endure it. During Lower Basin practice you have to eat well and have good rest. It is like having a bank account. If you draw 1 million dollars from it and then transfer 1 million back it is OK. If you transfer 1 million and one dollar, you will have little saving - surplus energy. However if you transfer only 990 thousand, you will be in dept - your body will not be able to recover from the effort. In this way although your muscles may get stronger, your internal strength, internal potential, will decrease. This phenomena can be easily recognized by hearing one's voice - weak voice, neither loud nor clear, sometimes accompanied by coughing is the symptom of low energy level. Lower Basin method is most suitable for young, unmarried people. Otherwise you have to make the decision to become like a monk for three years...

JS: We were talking about Small Heavenly Circle. What about the Large Heavenly Circle (Da Zhou Tian)?

MR.MA: Once the Small Circle is opened, the Large will open naturally. There is a saying "Small Achievement comes in three years, Big Achievement - in ten years" (Xiaocheng San Nian Dacheng Shi Nian). One has to live in celibacy for at least six years to achieve true skill. Once the skill comes out, you still have to limit the number of sexual intercourses. Two, three times a week will ruin your skill completely. Once every two, three months is not a big problem.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

The things you do for Martial Arts.................I dont think many people are willing to do that no matter how devoted they are. You can please your lady if you know what i mean but your sh*t outta luck if you wanna be really skilled in IMA. IMA is useless without chi and you can't build strong chi without sacrificing your sex life if its that important to you. You dont have to worry about having sex to stay healthy if your doing chigong but some people get stressed without it. It's just a state of mind really
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Sex - its okay

Well, here is another school of thought. Sex can be a very powerful energy building excercise. Sex magic is very real and it has its place. You may want to further your research into it from other perspectives. I respect the interview posted above, but I have worked with sex as a form of energy raising and it can be extremely powerful.

Regards

haveing sex and raising energy are contradictory terms as far as this type of training goes,it`s either or,if your married thats to bad,you can only progress so far.
    unless your women walks the same path you do.
    thats not usually the case.

My 'women' walks the same path.

There are also ways to still experience sex, experience orgasm without the loss of sperm.

Enough said. Happy 'monk'-ing around!

pheonix

read the interview posted by leonidas,it`s on the money,
    i`m talking about real training,
    there is a lot of youngsters on this forum,you can tell by the questions,listen carefully,
    if you really, i mean take the time and the money to find a real teacher you may find that tantra has to do with an inner relationship and not with sex with a partner.
    tantra is a high level practice,it`s not the place to start,

a lot of what you see is tantra as practiced in the west,
    a big difference then what is practiced in the east.

you are amusing,
    you study a few years then you make up your own system,
    wiccan kung fu?never heard of it.why?there is no such thing,except in your own mind.
    since this is a new system,made up by you,over the next 20 years
    you can keep us all posted on your progress through informative articles and insights,

that is untill you are swept up in some other fad.

Stacey Guest
    how about women? I havent ever ejaculated. Does this make me superpowerfull? Are my circles open?

I kind of doubt that a man would give up sex for esoteric chi practice.