Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you ever be as good as your teacher?

Original post deleted due to unconstructive feuding.

Leonidas, I accept your revised statement, and apologize for my profane overreaction.
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 01-06-2002 at 04:25 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Any MA class I take my main goal in that school is to beat the Sifu with his own methods. I feel if I can do this them I made real progress. You have to make sure the Sifu doesn't suck though or it will a really short goal
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Just strive to be the best YOU can be and not to be beter than your teacher
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?

Real civilized. Go f*ck yourself......... Ok
    This wasn't directed at me was it? Or were you talking about the post Chang Style Novice says he deleted?

Strong Lineage

The reason Our school and many others push students to strive to be better than their instructors is to keep the lineage strong.

Like I said their is no set point that will determine that the student is better.

I wasn't referring to you Brad since Chang is the only one that told me to Go F*ck Myself . But apology accepted. No biggie
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

My end goal is to be a strong example of a practitioner of my style. There will be some things that I will be better than my sifu at, and others that he will be stronger at. There is no one way to fight with any of the styles, and so the goal, I feel, should be to become someone who your sifu can call a brother/sister.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons