Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Board Breaking

Yeah, I just want to say again that that picture is very cool. When I said "nice kick" that was an insulting understatement. What I should have said I will say now. That is about as close to perfect technique as one can get.

Oh yeah, and again I'm not debating that board breaking is a high level of breaking (as you have said). All I am saying is that it does take skill.
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

Jon & Mr Nunchaku

Jon,& Mr........ I totally respect your opinon and I do not mean to say anything bad about TKD though I has gotten a bad wrap in our town as well as in the US for the shinny flashy tourney stuff. And it is sad that people assume that all TKD is like that which of coarse is not true, I sparred with a korean black belt years ago that kicked me in the head so fast I was dizzy and then when I was waighting for the kick he did it again, he was very fast. But the truth is I base my opinon on what I have seen with my own eyes and I have never seen a (in my opinon ) a skillful break with wood for to me it is not a true test, however I am still not saying that it does not take skill for it does to a point, but again this is my opinon, and in that opinon I just find that if you want to test your skill you must use something that shows your years of practice. wood is not one of these. As MR. NUN said MR oaks eventually started to break concrete I agreed that He was showing skill. So I apologize if I offened anyone by me rather strong opinon but thsats how I feel, again I AM going on what I have witnessed in my life. I have judged many tournnements and seen 12 year old blackblets do great forms but they have never thrown a real fist in a fight!!!! does that make them a blackbelt? becuse their form is good? it is up to the person some say yes others say no. I say a guy in a pink gi win 3 years in a row in point sparring in the BB divison. But he told me he never has been in a fight......and that he is afriad of being hit.......
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Well said. Sorry if I came on too strong. But I just wanted to make sure that you knew we aren't all the flashy spacer using, board baking, dance-a-form-to-rock music that you see in"tournaments". I only wish I could debate with more sensible people like you instead of people around here who won't admit that TKD when taught correctly is a good art.

No problem, I kind feel bad for the real TKD guys out there just becuse you guys have such a bad rap. but actually ther is a TKD school acrosss from my school that is huge and beautiful with a 4,000 floor. I have a small humble school in which I teach pure and authentic kung fu, I have spoken with the owner and he has admitted to knowing nothing compared to me but his monthy income is 11,000 a month so he is happy, I said i didnt make 1/2 that all year. he said its all about the marketing game and how to play it, but I choose to teach my way and not rip off people with electrical tape on their belts for a stripe and a $50 test fee and lifetime and BB memberships... I would feel to bad to lure parents in like that but thats what has made the TKD world look so ****t*.... take care my freeind E.D

If he has a huge school because he has a lot of students that is one thing, but to take advantage of the martial arts by sucking in profits, that's what I really don't like.

But I don't see what's wrong with eletrical tape on belts. It is part of our ranking system. You get a stripe on your belt as you progress. It's just a symbolic thing and they don't make money off of it. Actually they lose money because they got to buy the tape. Right now I have a red slash on my belt. That means that I have a loooooong way to go before I get another. So there is nothing wrong with it really.

Here is whats wrong with it,
    1. you join a school buy a gi from them at a outragous price and they charge you for your first test to get your white belt that actually comes with the uniform.

2. Then they teach you half of what you are supposed to know ( to keep you enrolled longer) and then chrage you for testing and rank you buy buying a piece of tape and sticking it to your belt. This is a money making shameful false sense of earning something, and it is a terrible way to incorporate a learning advancement.
    Either they are too cheap to buy a different colored belt or they are trying to string you along by saying great job heres your colored tape now your 1 step closer to a BB.

That is way TKD has such a terrible reputation for money making Mcdojo's this is not the tradtional wayt at ALLLLLLLLL but more so a scam..... please tell me you dont see the wool being pulled over your eyes... how many stripes does it take to get your BB???????? of should I say how much $$$$$$$$

next your going to tell me you can sign up in their black belt or insturctor program.. please stop your killing me now

Woah now, ED. You can just take your little assumptions about my school right back from wherever you got them from.

What you just described is not my school at all. The stripes on our belts are free. We don't do anything like what you described. I even explained that but you just didn't listen, just like you barely listened to anything I said in this thread. Where I take TKD is not that expensive at all. So you take that wool right off your eyes and stop making assumptions.

You know? When you started saying all that I was giving you the benefit of a doubt and I assumed you did not mean my school but rather all the other McDojos that are out there. But as soon as you said,

"please tell me you dont see the wool being pulled over your eyes... how many stripes does it take to get your BB???????? of should I say how much $$$$$$$$

next your going to tell me you can sign up in their black belt or insturctor program.. please stop your killing me now"

As soon as you said that I realized that you were in fact talking directly to me about my school. NO ONE disrespects my school unless they have an intelligent opinion about something we do wrong. You did not give that. You assume you know a single **** thing about my school when you don't know anything. All I said was we use stripes. I even said that they are free. And you dare to tell me to take the wool off my eyes and all that. For the first time you better listen to what I am about to say.

I demand an apology.

I am so serious. I thought we were friends and hopefully we still can be, but that last post of yours was nonsense.