Thread: Sho Tang Kwok

Sho Tang Kwok

Hi. I wanted to know if anyone had information on this form, such as the style it orginated from, etc.

Sho Tang Kwok (Sho Tung Qua)

I know it is taught in some kempo curriculums, but that's all i know about the form.

Thanks for any help

Please don't take this the wrong way. The form is traditional (traditional fighting form not traditional wushu crap) Shaolin form. As with alot of forms that pass from art to art, the kempo guys who do this form are typically doing it wrong, there is the use of internal energy, high and low stances, and relaxation, where as kempo practitions art not usually known for.

Sho Tung Kwok

No offense taken. I agree with you. I have seen the form done many times by various kempo practitioners. My tai chi instructor, who has also had a lot of training in the Chinese martial arts, does the form totally different. It's the same form (movements, etc.) but the execution is different.

You said the form is Shaolin. Does it represent or characterize a specific animal style of Shaolin? I do notice a lot of tiger in the form.

And the spelling of the form, which is correct or are they both interchangeable?

Thanks for your help