Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Lightbulb Fight Club

Me and a few friends are starting this fight club, and so far we have quite a few people in it.
    There's me ( a martial artist), a boxer, two more martial artists, a wrestler, a few street fighter / extremists, and a few posers.......

Yeah, Posers.

Any suggestions for how to exicute this neatly; anyone out there have a fight club of their own?
    Write back, alright?
    Fear..............Fear attracts the fearful............The strong............the weak..........the innocent.........
    Fear is my ally.....................

I think you are a fool for doing this and if you are one of the organizers you will be held responsible by the cops when somebody gets hurt, which will happen.

Is everyone in this club under 18? What happens when they go home and their father says "what the hell happened to your face?" Really your parents are still responsible for you, and you are placing a hell of a burden on them by placing yourself at risk for serious injury.

My advice is to quit acting like a tough guy and start acting like a martial artist. Train hard, compete in a safer environment, and realize that life is not a movie.

Originally posted by shaolinboxer
    I think you are a fool for doing this and if you are one of the organizers you will be held responsible by the cops when somebody gets hurt, which will happen.

Is everyone in this club under 18? What happens when they go home and their father says "what the hell happened to your face?" Really your parents are still responsible for you, and you are placing a hell of a burden on them by placing yourself at risk for serious injury.

My advice is to quit acting like a tough guy and start acting like a martial artist. Train hard, compete in a safer environment, and realize that life is not a movie.
    Alright, alright.....Stop your *****ing.
    One, the cops won't know about this. Two, no one will get hurt, so much that there will be bloodshed. We will be fighting with cloth sparring gloves and perhaps sparring leg - guards. Each fight will go to 3 KO's -- when someone hits the ground thrice.
    Yes we are all under 18, but no ones parents are going to get ****es at a few brusies or a little blood. We all play football together regularlly, so all of our parents are used to us coming home beat to hell.
    We are not going to kill someone, dude. We all do train hard. We do compete in tournies, and we know what we're doing. We just find it a bit hard to fight to our all when people are always holding you back and never letting you do what you can fully do. We just find that we can do better than our masters / trainers / coaches let us go.
    Fear..............Fear attracts the fearful............The strong............the weak..........the innocent.........

"We just find it a bit hard to fight to our all when people are always holding you back and never letting you do what you can fully do. We just find that we can do better than our masters / trainers / coaches let us go."

There is a reason you are forced to hold back. And 3 knock outs? That's three consecutive temporarily disabling concussions? Sounds like good clean fun to me.

Holding back, as you say, is a courtesy and means to develop trust and clean, powerful technique.

Going full out is not doing better, at least not at this point in your training.

But then again, I have not seen what it is you guy are actually doing....perhaps it's not as "full out" as I imagine and everything will be fine.

Perhaps it's more of a sparring club instead of a fight club, yes?

Especially if not every one is trained properly, people are not going to know how to properly gauge their strength. These posers, for example. How can you make sure that no injuries will happen? Or bad blood? Like if you kick someone's ass in this club, how do you know he won't round up a posse and beat you in an alley?

You must know that there are ears everywhere and that parents eventually find out about everything sooner or later. Especially if someone has a big mouth or starts inviting others. And if everything goes smoothly and secretly, what are your parents going to think when they find out 2 or 3 years later? They are probably not going to trust you for a really long time if ever again.

Yeah this is preaching and yeah you can preach back, but first realize the difference between kung fu and bar-room brawling : responsibility.
    Last edited by fmann; 12-20-2001 at 08:45 AM.

Stacey Guest
    San Goku, I'm so glad they haven't stopped making men like you. Ignore the Kwi Ching Kane wannabee.

I think it's cool. I wouldn't do it, but I'd like to watch.

Originally posted by shaolinboxer
    [BPerhaps it's more of a sparring club instead of a fight club, yes? [/B]
    Yeah, I guess that you could call it more of a Sparring CLub than a Fight CLub, but we will be doing a bit more harder figthing than you would if you were sparring in your kwoon.

"San Goku, I'm so glad they haven't stopped making men like you. "

Thank you, Stacey. I appericate the kind words!

Sounds like a really cool thing

The cops won't find out because everybody has to follow the 3 rules,

- You do not talk about fight club.

other then that, make sure you put on at least a head gear, everything else can be be beat down
    relax..

Originally posted by relax
    Other then that, make sure you put on at least a head gear, everything else can be be beat down

We're just going to wear cloth sparring gloves and forearm protectors, but nothing other than that.

Shin gear and head gear might be a good idea though.

You guys need strong refs, don't forget, to break things up after the knock downs. Especially if someone loses his cool and wants to brawl after losing.

I predict your fight club will last approximatley 1 session. Unless there are allot more rules and limitations than you have mentioned.

If all you expect are a couple of bruises and a bloody nose you are a. a really, really crappy fighter, b. not going anywhere near full contact or, c. an absolute moron.

With 10 and 12oz gloves, foot protection, a cup, a mouthpeice, and boxing headgear you will likely still get a concusion, a serious joint injury, or a broken bone with allot of fights.

If our school has more than 10 people in on a hard sparring night you can expect at least one of the above injuries.

I don't mean to be such a b@st@rd here, but I think you are being a bit naive.

BTW, remember that Stacey is a man. Thus the "cum dumpster" for his status.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

This is a bad idea.Unless you take more safety precautions.You should also wait till your 18.if somthing goes wrong, your bringing down a **** storm on your parents because of your selfishness.

I don't mean to sound like dad/mom.gran here but one of you guy's had better be a trained paramedic. One solid hit to the temple can cause a brain haemorrhage/delayed concussion or damage to the hearing and sight. A hit to the nose can cause a delayed build up of pressure in the brain, a lack of oxygen and ultimately a coma. Also a shattered nose can cause severe breathing difficulties. A strike to the kidneys can cause a haemorrhage, which WILL kill if it ruptures the organ. A slap to the solar plexus can the victim to choke on his own tongue, and even a smack in the eyesocket can disrupt the optic nerve.

Believe me mate, it ain't like the movies where a guy takes 20 hits and is still standing. One can kill, trust me, I know what I am talking about.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

delicate

i see you are into music....are you a dj, producer?????

i am a producer of producers here in NYC.

email me at iandijah@hushmail.com if you are involved in electronic music!

peace and welcome to the board

Wisdom

Not a DJ or producer, a guitarist! I like a lot of stuff though, from electronic to progressive to indie to punk. One true love is progressive rock though. Call me a dinosaur if you like, but nothing beats the likes of Floyd, Radiohead, early Genesis etc..

What about you?
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.