Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Knockout" punches: To the face versus the side of the head? Opinions?

Knock-out/Knock-down

I believe in my experience, they all work, it's always the one your opponent doesn't see or expect.
    Sensei Kunz
    Instructor
    Jeet Kune Do
    Keep it simple and direct
    Keep Hitting!
    http://www.selfdefenseforyou.com

just elbow the muthaf.ucker
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Years back when I was studying Tang SooDo, I was ko'd by my teacher. I came in for a reverse punch, he side stepped me and hooked me straight on the chin, not sideways, It was a head-on collision-my head on his fist! This is where the term "right on the button "comes from. He said it felt like someone just cut the strings on a marionette. I just went limp. I wasn't hurt, and my eyes were open, I kinda landed on my butt and just sat there smiling! It was a pretty kewl experience, one knowing that knockouts are quite easy, two- the fear of feeling your own vulnerability-a wake-up call to say the least. and three- knowing that if I ever get knocked out, at least it won't hurt! (yeah, just wake me up when it's over)
    I haven't been ko'd since- I cover up real good now! although I still have been rocked, I keep my chin down, and it seems to work.

Interception

It sounds like he intercepted your attack, which makes the hit twice as powerful. It wouldn't take much but really atap to knock someone out in a head-on-collision! LOL! The lights just go out!
    I believe you when you say you now protect yourself real good. Good lesson.
    Sensei Kunz
    Instructor
    Jeet Kune Do
    Keep it simple and direct
    Keep Hitting!
    http://www.selfdefenseforyou.com

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    not fer nuttin...but...(and not that I'm tryin to start trouble..) but..it seems that most of the expert replies were all in theory and none save for a few came from experience, theory is great, and I am interested in anatomy and physiology, but I would like to hear from some who've been there done that, and please, no macho war stories. Nobody's intersted in how tough you are, just in what you have seen and felt.

Hmm.

Might explain one of the applications we got in my style.

Didn't think it would be that effective though.

Good post Chris,
    I experinced two bar fights in which two different guys were clocked real good.In both instances the attacker did not telegraph and did not use a fist and he did not know any martial arts. In both instances though the attacker, was an experience fighter (biker).
    In the first instance the attacker swung the inside of his right forearm (boney part)from a relaxed position on his side to connect with the underside of the guys left jaw. He totally connected, the guy dropped instantly, the attacker went back to drinking.
    In the second occassion one guy was siting down while a beligerant kept mouthing off to the guy sitting, as he came closer to the table and in range, the sitting guy, swung out his open palm in a cupped position and cranked the side of the head at the ear. WHOP! Everyone heard the sound! The guy who was hit was a large mother who stumbled away and passed out near his table, which was nearby.