Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you use a yin or yang technique to close the centerline of your opponent.

yip man,
    very nice story of your sifu, the terminator. read the history behind all wing chun's old masters and you will find out what im saying. you raed your sifu's stories and probably dont do any research into theart yourself.
    Did barry lee have a bad back or a accident, i know someone in australia that gave his student some dit dar for his back. i have to admite though wong sheung leung was good at wing chun, beleive this or not ive heard he did study pak mei principles and used the ging in his wing chun, he also uesd hum humg bat boi in his postures which is not wing chun posture. this is on a video of wong sheung leung many moons ago.

so do you practise with barry lee or do you travel to germany to train when you are in aust. or are you learning under your sihing.

LIN Q Guest

respects

I take back my disrespectful comment on Rick Spain but it still shows there are plenty of wc practioners who beleive comps can be benificial . YOU though vinegar are an abusive fowl winded fool, do you know your kung fu as well as your mother knew the local footy team. Twit!

vingtsunstudent Guest
    vagrant toddler
    yes i study under barry.
    he is back in oz only about 2months of the year at the moment but is planning on living 6 months in each, in the mean time i just train & continue my practice with the other instructors.
    he is infact wong's brother in law & his stories are very true & you would need about 5 minutes with him to realise it.
    i am sorry i don't believe what you said about wong & bak mei(having one of wong's relatives & one of his most senior students has given us & incredible insight into this man & his life)
    yes barry has a bad back, so you might want to ask your friend what he thinks of him & what he knows of his fighting ability.
    STILL NO ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS-who is the wc guy & what are your techniques?
    wang king fist
    sorry bud, my mother died when i was 14 so i have never been offended by such wise cracks but in your case i'll make an exception.
    are you from oz you fwit, i know what style you do
    & have seen other people on here from oz that do the same system.
    maybe we could get together & discuss whether or not i need to train harder(i'll even wear some light gloves & let you see if i can addapt)
    vts

yip man,
    ignore lin q, i dont know what his problem is!

anyway, info that i received was a write up of wc in a aussie mag afew years back that a friend sent me, cause i collect info and s##t. i think the author was a sifu of wc jimmy fung i think. this was in his history of wc.

i have friends in oz working there they send me info all the time.

hope this helps.

vingtsunstudent Guest
    look i have never intended to be either rude nor arrogant but when some one puts down my style with odviously litte or incorrect knowledge i am then easily offended.
    i love talking ma but have been taught that when it comes to disrespect of my style that i will talk with my hands.we train as my sifu was(i don't mean as hard or as long as him because he was a freak, i just mean traditionally), infact the only times i have ever called him sifu is on this website, to me he has always been just barry.(if in public as a sign of respect we would call him sifu)
    as to jim fung, we have a good friend, who shall i say, is one of the only instructors of his that is of any value, again i don't mean that to be rude but jim is a business man pure & simple.(in fact we once had one of his seniors show up at school & he took one big step back from what he was odviously going to say when he realised whos school it was)
    again i must say that my teacher is very much the realist & if there was a story of a wc killed by a pheonix strike he would tell us about it.
    instead i will tell you one about wong, when he was young & continually fighting, he fought a supposed master of something to do with dim mak, wong knocked the guy senseless but the guys reply was that it didn't matter as he had hit wong with the death touch & he would soon be dead & that was well over thirty years ago.
    although there are many wc guys from this time who fought challenge matches, none did so as often as wong(this is the problem with a lot of todays students- they are learning to swim off someone who has never or their sifu had never been in the water themselves)
    when barry was in hong kong, there was only him & 3 other chinese students that were trained wholey & soley to fight in challenge matches.
    believe me when i say that you should not put wc down as there are some people who more than know how to use this art to hurt people.
    vts
    ps again please let me know how you would deal with strikes(if you think i may not understand i can always reference your answers with a friend of mine in sydney who teaches bak mei & loong ying)

vingstun,
    maybe we got off on the wrong step, i dont mean to be disrespectful towards you or wc, but i bite back as well , we all should be friends.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

my topic was to see what type of people would reply tp the following and they all have been good answers.
    i probably use a yang attack, because i favour disabling techniques as my lead. to use a yin i probably wouldnt feel comfortable to stick and follow right off the bat.

thanks for the info
    peace

vingtsunstudent Guest
    cool.
    i am purely a yang man myself(you just need to ask my other half as she is getting sick of my yang being up all night)
    vts

LIN Q Guest

vintsun

If what you say about your mother is true I sincely appolagise, non the less I feel I insulted with no real cause and have in turn disrespected you and my own sifu . It is not what is taught to me , in fact the very opposite.I didn't log into this forum to insult people, please don't let this be a reflection of YKM or my sifu. We all are strongly devoted to our systems but that is no reason to be disrepectful (lesson learnt ).¬

Bastet Guest

hehe

yeah - he had his wrists slapped. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

blessed be,
    a.

tnwingtsun Guest

Ving Chun and Tiger

Guys I just had to butt in on this one because I'm a student of both arts,this is an old post so I don't know if it will even be read,glad you guys made up.I have seen Wing Chun defeat Bai Mai,I have seen Bai Mai defeat Wing Chun(Duncun Leung's student instructor)I've also seen Wingtsun defeat Bai Mei.Leung Shung was a Bai Mei teacher and was defeated by Yip Man,afterwards he became one of Yip's best fighters,there is a differance between WC and WT,I have studied both,a little WC enough to know the differance(Duncan's WC).Leung Ting studied at one point from Leung Shung,coming from Bai Mai I can see its influance on Leung Shung and Leung Ting's WT/WC/VT.Go see Emin Boztepe's punch,his fists are loose like he's holding a baby bird trying not too chrush it before he makes contact,here it gets really weird,look closer at his fists,he holds and punches with a vertical (WT/VT/WC style) loose pheonix eye punch,I asked about this WT pheonix and was told that depending on impact is weather the pheonix is used,example if the WT punch lower knunkle impacts with the sternam and deflects riding to the throat it impacts the throat as a pheonix eye followed by the lower knuckles supported by the lower forearm bone driven by the elbow,excuse my spelling,I'm sleepy,they are BOTH great systems with very powerful fighters in both camps,I love um both and try to take the best from both,night guys,huggs and kisses