Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman vs master of KungFu

"Aunt May still does his laundry every other week!!!"
    Didn't she die in issue #400, I know she did I have that! How did she come back?

Did MJ ever have that baby? If so did it have any powers or anything?

I was thinking of checking out that new spider man. The one "retold for younger generation" Then I can start over from scratch with out all the confusion. I looked at the graphic novel in Barnes and Noble and there was a funny part where aunt may was tellin peter about "being safe" after she caught him and mary jane making out in his room. Now I'm off to check out that free spidey dot-comic
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Like I said...

I bunch of stuff was simply written off as if it didn't happen...

MJ, is out of the picture...

Aunt May is back in...

What did U think about the dot-comics...

Oh yeah, that "being safe" bit was great!!!

"bunch of stuff was simply written off as if it didn't happen...

MJ, is out of the picture...

Aunt May is back in..."

What? So one issue they just decided to change everything and gave no explenation as to what happened? Was there a break or somthing between issues where the whole spidey universe was just changed?

This is to confusing I think I'll go check out Ultimate spiderman and just start over. That "being safe" thing won me over on the books humor.

That dot comic was cool. I didn't read the whole thing cause my computer is too slow and I didn't have time but it's a really cool.

If they never did any explanation.. how is it so good?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Spidey

When the New Writter took over Amazing Spiderman, there was a bit of a whoHAA about it...

I think it was issue 35 (not so sure) but they prettymuch announced that after a bit of a break they would bring on this new writter 7 things would be "different"

I guess the sales where so LOW that there wasn't as much of a need to connected to what's been going on previously... and it was more important to the editors to get the ball rolling again from a fresher starting point for the "new" readers that they are hoping to attract... or readers like myself who haven't really bothered to look at an issue since the Clone Saga...

Remember Aunt May died in issue 400... well not long after that, they attempted to relaunch the series with a #1... yet it seems that only as of the past half dozen issues has the comic gotten readable...

For me it's easier to believe that she didn't die & that those stories where simply "bad dreams" than to worry about ridgid continuity...

Ultimate Spiderman's pretty good...

Yet I'll still recomend picking up an issue of Amazing Spiderman... and seeing if it apeals to the spider in you...

my $0.o2

"I guess the sales where so LOW that there wasn't as much of a need to connected to what's been going on previously"

I can definatly see that since I was a HUGE spidey fan my whole life but quite reading during the "clone saga". That thing left a bad taste in my mouth

Spidey

The newest issue of Amazing Spiderman just came out at the comic shops today...

haven't read it yet... I'll let you know how it is....

please do that
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Latest News on Spidey's life...

After Getting his but whipped by this new villian Spiderman defeats him & bairly make his way home where he passes out in bed... still wearing the remains of his costume...

Aunt may comes over to pick-up his Laundry only to find Peter passed out bruised in tattered costume...

She spends the following day contemplating the fact that her nephew Peter is actually Spiderman... & this issue she confronts him.

With the tattered costume in hand she demands honesty from Peter who's been Lying about his activities for So long...

It's a classic "comming out" conversation where she admits that there's always been something odd about Peter & had often wondered if he was "gay or something"...
    Peter comes clean about his guilt for the death of Uncle Ben & his own
    With Great Power comes great responsibility motive for being Spiderman.

Aunt May comes clean with a secret of her own... related to that fateful night.

Eventually the topic of Why Peter let's everyone believe Spiderman is Bad comes up... "Well not every one, just the people who read the Daily Bugle...oh, most everyone..."

Could this foreshadow a future Aunt May vs. J. Jonah Jameson Battle on the editorial pages of the Bugle?

hmmmmm...

GREAT ART too...

Thumbs up

cool!

"
    Aunt May comes clean with a secret of her own... related to that fateful
    night. "

ya GOTTA tell me this..!

The new Amazing Spidey writter, J. Michael Strazynski, also wrote Babalon 5, and has his own line of comics, curently consisting of Rising Stars and Midnight Nation(very cool stuff). After reading his first few Amazing S. issues, I think I'll start reading that.
    Does anyone read Dark Minds or Warlands? Pat Lee is an amazing artist. He's doing a new Transormers comic. I also want to check out the new GI Joe series.

Yea man, you can't leave us hanging.

I think i will start reading comic again....................on a side note i have some of the Infinity Gauntlet story, some of the Infinity Wars and a few issues of the first issues of Wralock and the Infinity Watch, Many issues of old and new Silver Surfer, some Hulk, Ghostrider and miscellaneous. I had the first issues of GenX but that flopped so i dont know where i put 'em....................Aw man, now your gonna make me did up my old comics. Its a nightmare.

Hey how much for a subscription to Amazing what's the cover price now? I started looking and all the comic shops around here closed since I stopped reading!!!

Did Aunt may really say she thought he was gay? If so Bwahahahaha

Looks like it's back to spidey for me, I always loved the comical blows to spidey's ego. I think I am also going to pick up Ultimate spidey(even though the titles corny, in the marvel universe everything is ultimate ).

Thanks design sifu you're my new hero.

Could somebody tell me when that spidey movie is gonna be out?

Spidey Movie..

Spidey should be hitting the Big Screens in MAY... the 4th?

on the secret of AUNT MAY:

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Apparantly She & Uncle Ben got into an arguement that night & she sort of Kicked him out of the house... when he went for a walk to cool off he ran into the Burgler that Killed him... She always blamed herself for his Death, Oblivious of Peter's doing the exact same thing. Ironic no?

While we're on the topic... the Newest New X meN is also at the comic shops... check it out!!!

On subscriptions... Check the Marvel website...

But I would try my luck hunting down a good comic shop myself...You'll get books earlier & they won't be folded to fit into your mail-box.

Thumbs up Ultimate Marvel Team-up #16

Well, it just hit the comic shops yesterday... So what can I say about Spiderman's meeting with Shan Chi master of Kungfu???

remixed for the 21st century...

IT ROCKED!!!

With Art by RICK MAYES... it captured all the right points...

exceptional Kungfu choregraphy as told through sequesntial art... beautifully illustrated... fun dialogue... funny moments!!!

A tip of the hat to classic Chinese brush paintings...

I recomend that all of you go & buy it!!!

or at least flip through the pages in the SHOP!!!

KUNGFU is hitting the comic mainstream... or should I say it's making a comeback!!!