Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron Body similarities in Bak Fu Pai, Pak Mei, Hung Gar, etc.

Buby Guest
    Burn the Wikked - How's everything god? I thank you for taking time to remind me of the advise you gave me and without a dought I take it to heart. That's the reason for me asking if there where any other BM schools in NY. I just want to know what options I have, if any. The next school/system I study I plan on sticking with it for yrs. to come. I just want to make sure that I sign up to the school/system that is perfect for me.
    -Thanks Again Bud

Fierce Tiger - I'm fine, Thanks. Hope all is well with you! Yea, maybe one day I'll get the chance to meet and train with you and some of the others on this board.

Being that you trained in China, would you mind sharing some info(training tech./experiences/fights) that you saw/experienced while in China?

What would you say are some of the biggest differences between the way Kung fu is taught in the States and the way it's taught in China?
    (ex. iron body/fist/palm are these stressed more than or the same as the States)

I apologize to everyone on this thread if I'm jumping off the topic. FT- Please feel free to contact me via e-mail if you feel that this will throw the topic off it's course.
    mystic_11206@yahoo.com

Thanks Again Guys!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

wisdom mind Guest

yea mon

no problem...

the quest that you are on Buby is a shared one many MArtists experience...all i ask is that you be true to self and enjoy what you do, whatever that is, unless it is Babylon related:)

fire pon dem
    burn one

hi buby,
    there are so many differnces in training in china to the west.
    1) intent will doing the form, like your killing someone.(correct mindset)
    2) basics
    3) form an san sau drills
    just to name a few

burn the wicked-take apart each move, see if it works inside or outside centerline. then see if the next few moves follow up right. if it doesnt then your form will not help you on the street.
    thats a tip when practising forms. you must break it down. what range is each single move, look for weak points in it also.

peace

Lau Guest
    Fierce Tiger,
    I agree with your points 1,2,3. Without the right mindset there is no Kung Fu. The same goes for the basics. The most important aspects are already learned in the straight step punch form. More and more I'm beginning to see the beauty of it. Without doing this form properly, there is no use in learning the nine step push form. There must be a lot of power without keeping the muscles too tensed.

As for the video tape, I think it is good to see how other schools do the forms. It's interesting to analyse the differences. For example we do that form slower, I was impressed by the speed on the tape. Another difference is that we don't stomp the feet with every move, we step. But personally I think that there always will be differences. Even if I look at my training brothers I can see differences, while we all learned it from the same Sifu. So I'm not bothered too much by that.

Regards, La

lau- thanks for your post

your definitly right, ever person has different body shapes, sizes, weight etc. even my students cannot be like me, also i can never do it like my sifu. but if your teacher teaches you to do a move and you add a stomp to it, you add to the form. if the technique hasnt got stomp dont stomp. differences in the way we move but not differnt moves - stomp step and slide step are two differnt things altogether.

without correct mindset your kung fu is useless, you might as well do ballet. What are the core forms in your system?

does your school have a web-site that i could see?

peace