I think there might be some who in the West who say Cali-what?.. I know California. Or The Chinese studied the fine art of European calligraphy in China?

Me, I think Chinese calligraphy is a measure used to determine the quality of the person. The better your Chinese writing the more respect points and reverence you get. Chinese calligraphy is a way to get cool points to those respectful of or in the Chinese community.

I think Chinese calligraphy is a tool for making great Kung-Fu people. You see the character writing can include writing passages from classic texts of ethics and morals of civility and properness. How to handle challenging situations. How to be a good person for yourself and for the society-at-large.

Besides learning ethics literally by wrote. I thin the technique s of the writing make for strong arms for press or brushing away. Strong fingers for Seize and Control or fingertip striking. You learn to read-increasing your vocabulary making you able to read any kung-fu manual for hurt or for healing and health.

You have examples of how to be tactful and can talk your way around trouble and perhaps occasionally Out-of Danger.

There are twenty-four to around twenty seven strokes (perhaps less that are the core strikes from which there are variations. But the strokes are techniques of deflection, blocking~ and striking.

When I was looking at Chinese calligraphy for finding the Kung-Fu in it for Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu (attempt), Squirrel. I was looking not only at the result stroke as a swipe to deflect or strike but the way the stroke is made as part of the technique, so there's wavey slight side moves, perhaps a swirl and writing and thinking as I was writing/key-stroking this I realized there would perhaps be advance-retreat; forward-backward ; phoenix tortoise moves simulating greater pressure and lesser pressure.

That's what the part of the West that is this me thinks of Chinese Calligraphy.

No_Know