Thread: Jwing-Ming Yang

Jwing-Ming Yang

Hi and ni hao!

Do someone know the book 'Essence of Shaolin White Crane: Martial Power and Qigong' from Jwing-Ming Yang?
    It's pretty expensive, but seems to be very informative and well researched.
    Anyone?

Jan

If your interest is in the area of Qigong then this book is excellent. If you are seeking White Crane then it is informative but does not really cover the art from a self-defence perspective.
    Ron Goninan - Chairman
    KOBGK Paihequan International

E-mail: tsuruken@austarnet.com.au
    Web Site: http://home.austarnet.com.au/tsuruken

Yes, Tsuruken is correct.
    However, if I might add, the interest is not only in qigong but also more importantly jing patterns.
    IMHO it's a very good book, I doubt you'd regret it if you are even remotely interested in Fujian White Crane...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Thumbs up

Iīve got the book.Yes,itīs expensive but very good.
    If you need some specific information,please ask.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Smile

It has a lot of of good info you'll have a hard time finding elsewhere.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Hi there!

Thank you all for answering! I've already ordered the book, and yes, I am (also) interested in the qi gong aspects of gung fu.
    Here is one more question:
    Does anyone know more about the existing organisations of the (many???) White Crane Style(s), or if there is a Headquarter(s) of it (them) somewhere?
    Perhaps some day I have the possibility to learn (I'm a dreeeeeeaaaaamer...) >_<

Jan

Crane

There is a White Crane School on Canal Street in New York City's Chinatown

White Crane Kung-Fu International
    211 Canal Street, Third Floor, NYC, NY 10013
    Telephone: (212) 226-2440
    Email: white_crane_211@hotmail.com
    Sifu Fai Chan

Talking German Crane

And in Germany there is...

http://www.silat-white-crane.de/index.htm

Have a nice day! :-)

Hello,

Does anyone know of any good books,web pages, videos or schools that I can find information on the Ancestral Fukien Bak Hok Weng Chun Kuen?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Here is a website someone had on another forum. I have not looked at it yet, but our discussion was good, so it might be an OK site. I am not sure what the relationship if any is to ancestral white crane. From my knowledge there are several schools of white crane, atleast 4. The Bible of Karate Bubishi by Patrick McCarthy has some good info. It was supposedly an old White Crane text that made its way into Japan. Some good stuff. Also, I have a book in chinese on eating/feeding white crane by Liu Yin Sun. Good photos, not sure about the text though.

Paihequan Wuyangkuang International Web Site at:

http://home.austarent.com.au/tsuruken

Tom
    ________
    Vaporizer wiki
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Hi,

Regarding the book of Liu, Yin-Shan entitled "Paihemen Shihequan" (White Crane School: Feeding Crane Fist):

It's a good textbook, as the Liu family of Taiwan are the inheritors of Shihequan. Liu, Yin-Shan's father, Liu-Gu, learnt Shihequan from Lin, De-Sun of Fuzhou, who arrived to Taiwan during Japanese occupation. The art has been fully trnsmitted to Liu family, and is even referred sometimes as "Liu-jia Paihemen Shihequan".
    Originally, this book was published in Japan, as Liu, Yin-Shan taught 2 Japanese students, who took photos of techniques. Most of the photos show Liu shifu demonstrating, some show only these 2 Japanese students. One of them continues to teach Shihequan in Japan I believe.

Liu, Yin-Shan is my Shifu's (Liu, Chin-Long) father. The art is still being taught on Taiwan, however is not entirely open to the public.

As to "Ancestral Crane" some suggest it's Suhequan, or Sleeping Crane.
    Yong-chun (Wing-Chun) White Crane seems to belong to a different group.
    Paul

Hello all,

Thanks for the info..

Tom,

I have check out the web page! Thanks. I saw the URL at the end of someones e-mail and then went there. I am not sure if its the same guy you have in a book but I have a video on Feeding Crane. Its interesting. The only thing I found interesting was the being able to see there version of the San Chin set. It kind of reminded me of something that was "similar perhaps in root" to the Jook Lum Gee Som Bo Gin set I used to practice. I was kind of expecting to see something more similar to Weng Chun or Jook Lum but I thought it had more of a flavor similar to Lung Ying or Bak Mei.

I do have the Bubishi and have not checked it out in a long time. Perhaps I am do to read it again!

Good speaking with you!

Paul,

You mentioned that the Yong Chon Bai Hei may come from a different group? Would you care to elaborate? I know there are many versions of Crane (eating, flying, etc.) but I would have thought they may have all stem from the same source. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

I bought that book just before the LA friendship seminar (a Wing Chun event for those that don't know) a few years ago. Hendrik got me excited about a possible conneciton between Wing Chun and White Crane, as you are probably aware. There are some pretty cool photos in the book and statically I can see some similarities. But I have not seen any live action of White Crane yet. The guy who gave me that link also said he had a video of Liu sifu, so it is possible that it is of him. Hopefully I can get a video of white crane sometime soon and see it in action.

Are you checking white crane out for any possible connections to Jook Lum, wing chun, or Weng Chun? Any interesting tidbits you wanna share?

Talk to ya later
    Tom
    ________
    Shemale Orgy
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.

By the way...

I've never seen any White Crane Style in action, so perhaps somone knows a website where short mpegs or something are offered? I just know 'kungfu-taichi' or something, and it seems that you have to be a paying member before being able to watch the files there... >_<

Hey Tom,

Yes. I am taking another look at the Crane arts for more cross checking of similarities. The best stuff does seem to be on Andreas Hoffman's site as that is Weng Chun and probally not so far from how the Bak Hok Weng Chun should look. I noticed a fair ammount of similairity within some of their hand skills to Leung Jan's teaching. Of course the structure is much different but you can see that it may be something that was the mother of Wing Chun. If that was the mother then the next ammount of similarity in principle would be the Jam Jong. I believe in Hendrik's research. It makes total sense. Read the Tao Of Yi Chuan by Jan Deperslot (sp?) and then tell me your thoughts on how similar Jam Jong principle is to SLT! While Yi Chuan may not be Emei Sup Yee Jong it is designed with the same purpose. Then imagine if a great expert could combine the two! Take the lead leg forward stance of San Chin found in Crane, and pull it back to be a even with the other foot (but still pigeon toed), you would have the YJKYM.

Gotta run!

Regards,
    Jim