Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: phoenix eye fist kung-fu

phoenix eye fist kung-fu

Can anybody tell me what "The secrets of phoenix eye fist kung-fu" is about?

Thanks

i thought it was just a fist that was in allot of kf styles.

i didn't even know there was an entire art dedicated to it.
    where's my beer?

What's up Shaolinsheep. Click on the link and you'll find alittle of info: http://www.dragonslist.com/articles/...ndex.php?id=28
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Yeah, I didn't know it was an entire style either. I thought the phoenix eye (though we don't call it that in TKD) is just a hand formation where you make a fist with the index finger knuckle sticking out. Am I right about that? I am trying to learn the names of more techniques that are in kung fu.
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

that'd be the fist.
    where's my beer?

Phoenix Eye fist is a Southern system that is mainly taught in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Its a Hakka system with close ties to Southern Mantis, and if i'm right Shantung Black Tiger

Its main focus is to attack the accupunture-accupressure points, the heart bridge ect... causing stagnation of the blood, blood clotting and internal hemorrhage

Sounds dangerous.

Thank you all for your help!!!!!

I do have the book "Secrets of phoenix eye fist kung-fu".
    The style uses mostly or only phoenix eye fist for striking (major targets being temples,eyes,throat,possibly solar plexus and groin+pressure points,this fist is excellent for pressure points)
    Phoenix eye fist is an offence art which always likes to strike first,and rather runs than fights against weapons.
    It uses riding and hanging riding horse stance and some strange ones.
    It is a very rare and complicated art (as some say) Is called chuka shaolin in chinese,and is created by two women.
    There are at least two important books done on this subject ("secrets" and another one by Donn Draeger and some chinese fellow,I donīt remember the name,it was probably "phoenix eye fist kung-fu")
    It uses kicks (such as lightning kick) to knees and groin.
    Was this information helpful to you?
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Smile

Yes thanks!

Visit :www.martialart.org/ the best martial art at all :-)
    It is not important "what is done" but "how it is done".

www.Dacascos.de

If you ask around the Hakka stylists (who bother to give you an answer) you'll find that in the SPM camp at least, there is some scepticism against that system. In part this is due to its gepgraphical location (Malaysia) in part because Hakka systems (can) indulge in unproductive slagging off and posturing against one another.

The trouble with rare arts is that you really need to find an accomplishe dpractitioner to get any real flavour for them.

From what I know (the little that is) the system is likely to be a syncretism of Hakka roots, developed locally (Malaysia) into the named art. Chukka may be a corruption (spelling/pronounciation) of Chu-Gar, but, others would need to comment on that as it isn't my Pai.

There is great diversity of practice, form and overall structure within (say) SPM and this has caused a lot of nonsense over the yearsd. Thankfully, there are real signs that this is beginning to change. the diversity between other Hakka arts and Chukka may in the end be no greater than that which exists between those other hakka systems themselves, or indeed, within those systems between Pai and Sub-Pai.

The Fung-an Phoenix eye fist is a speciality hand of the Hakka arts, although found in other systems, it is a trademark of Hakka Kung-Fu and arguably more developed perhaps as a result.

Steve Richards.

hakka

steven,
    hi mate, i heard that SPM came from bak mei could you shed some light on this? maybe it has similarites same as ykm and dragon, all come from hakka!

I read that this monk named Sam Dart created SPM to beat the sh*t out of this other monk who bullied him all the time. The other monk supposedly did Bak Mei which made him way more powerful than Sam Dart so he had to make a style that could defeat it. I'm not saying which is better because they have too many similarities for someone to really tell but thats the history i read.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

The technique I mentioned earlier is not just a fist for a punch. Part of your knuckle of the index finger juts out and is supported by your thumb and other fingers. You use this very small striking point to strike small pressure points.
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

The phoenix eye fist is used in WC chain punches when you get advanced....