Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fist of Legend

Must-haves:

- Drunken Master
    - The Young Master
    - Tai Chi Master
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Haye you seen Fearless Hyena?Its a Low Wei, with Jackie Chan (so young!) . Its pretty funny, theres a bit where Jackie has to fight a "sex maniac" so he fights him in drag. Also theres a bit where he is doing this amazing exersize where hes hanging upside dowm facing a plank, pushes himself away from it, folds in half and hits the plank with his back. Its worth it just to see that bit.

man, i can't believe i missed this thread! (wheres Tae Li, it's another Jet one )

I agree Fearless Heyena is one of my favourite Jackie movies... the training scenes are astonishing! I like the scene where he gets beat up just before he learns the wire fist He really gets done over so well Also the scene when he fights the 3 guys with the halberds... they really get close!

I love all the Jackie movies from the late 70's right thru till around the early 90's (DM2), then they start to go a little down... my favourites are the police story and project A series'

Well, so much for Jet

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Well.. the person who posted this thread is "MantisKungFu", so I'll have to put out Thundering Mantis as my recommendation... of course, the others listed are very good, too... especially Master Killer. Enjoyed that one a lot.

Exclamation MY GOD!!

No one mentioned "Mr Vampire"

The best Chinese film ever! Absolutely hilarious.
    An absolute MUST!!

(Other than that anything with Gordon Liu and/or drunken style. So if you have to have 90's Jet Li "Last hero in China" fits the bill. which I actually enjoy, but don't tell anyone. )

legend of jet li

I think that he is using a form of chinese boxing, not his wushu, a lot of straight, hard punches. It looks so much much different than all of jet's other movies, but it is probably his best, which is saying that his abilities are endless.

He was supposed to be a student of Huo Yuan Jia, so he technically would be doing MiZongQuan ( also called MiZhongYi ).

but he's actually doing movie fu
    Last edited by gfx; 02-19-2006 at 05:56 PM.
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Many things in that movie are in tribute to Bruce Lee including the footwork that Jet Li used. Bruce used the same footwork in "Return Of The Dragon" When he fought Chuck Norris.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Jet Li's Fist Of Legend, what happened?

Everyone knows this classic jet Li flick, featuring some of my favorite of Jet's fights. Everyone also knows what a crappy release it has in the U.S. Fullscreen, edited for american audiences and our small brains, no Chinese language feature, no special features, IT SUCKS!!!

What I DON'T know is what happened to the uncut 2 disc version that was supposed to come out from Dragon Dynasty.

On their website, under the coming soon section, it listed this as having a December 2007 release. If you check the site NOW, they don't even make mention of the movie, ANYWHERE!!! Are they no longer releasing it? What happened?

why don't you email bey logan and ask him. his dragon dynasty email is on the site.

Yeah it sucks. We just have to wait patiently and hope it comes out.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Greetings,

I remember that Quentin Tarantino had Fist of Legend in his Rolling Thunder video collection. I think it was dubbed in English and had the original score, as opposed to that B.S. score in the Western release. I think that print disappeared about as soon as it came out.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I remember that Quentin Tarantino had Fist of Legend in his Rolling Thunder video collection. I think it was dubbed in English and had the original score, as opposed to that B.S. score in the Western release. I think that print disappeared about as soon as it came out.

mickey

Quentin Tarantino can kiss my butt, I don't want his crappy dubbed version anyway. There have to be original prints of this movie out there. I want to see it in chinese, uncut, and I guess with the original soundtrack(I didn't even know that the version I have was re-scored), AND FREAKIN' WIDESCREEN!!!

Either Dragon Dynasty is planning something special for this release, or they just straight up lost the rights to it.

Quentin Tarantino is evil incarnate.

While we wait, I managed to see a VCD copy of the original movie as it was intended some time ago. There are three languages spoken throughout the movie at various times (some more than others). They are Chinese (Cantonese), Japanese and English. There is also a dubbed Mandarin track as well for those who are more comfortable with that dialect. The original soundtrack is not bad. Kind of wants to make you get up and start shadow boxing and jump around IMO.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura