Thread: Att: Mojo

Att: Mojo

Hey

Did you watch the Xingyi videos by Di Guoyong? I need your opinion about his Beng Chuan (Crushing fist).

Thanks in advance
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

ttt

Hi Felipe
    That's the one disc I haven't gotten to. I'll watch it tonight and we can discuss it tomorrow.
    Is there anything specific that you'd like me to look for ?
    No brag, just fact.

Hi Mojo

Yeah, the stepping pattern of his Beng Quan, and his Tswan Quan

His Beng quan is like this: He steps to the front with the left foot, THEN he strikes with the beng quan and brings the right foot close to the left. The loss of power is evident.

In his Tswan Quan, he doesn't twist the wrist when striking, thus losing the "drilling power" of the fist.

As I told you before, he seems to deliberately perform the forms without the proper generation of power, maybe to keep the videos in a "goverment approved" fashion.

I just want your opinion on this matter, to get a better view, and see if you agree with me on this.-

I hate it when I see the sort of stepping you've described. I'll definately look for it tonight.
    I've seen the same faulty stepping on the 'Xingyi Various Performers' disc where pi-chuan and peng-chuan is often performed like that by about a third of the performers.
    No brag, just fact.

Felipe
    His Beng-chuan looks ok to me. His punch was well timed to arrive with his back foot, not his front foot like you remember.
    His Tsuan-chuan looked weak. As you noticed, not enough twist in his punch.
    I liked his Pao-chuan, the way he keeps his back elbow down, not up like I do it. I've started practicing it that way and find it to be valid.
    No brag, just fact.

Ok, thanks

I will watch it again now. It's been like 3 months I haven't watched it. There's a variation of Beng Quan that uses the following step to strike (Front foot/front fist combination). That's why I wanted your opinion on this-

Yeah, the back elbow of the Pao Chuan should de pointing downward (that allows you to provide a quick defense for your ribs, in case you get attacked while going in)

Thanks again for your help