Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what are people views on Bruce Lee?

no joke!!!

black jack,
    i have heard this from many sources, and the main one was when my friend went to cebu in the phillipines for a arnis tournement, his teacher knows vunak personally.

yes i have heard of slander.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Subitai Guest

Bruce was the man!

Am I the only one willing to admit the classic cliche? I was 5 yrs old and my mom took me along w/ my older brother and sister to see a Bruce flick and i've been a Gung Fu lover ever since.

As for the JKD concepts, I like em. They are all sound ideas. NOT anything that hadn't already existed, but sound concepts put together in a nice package that an individual can personally blossom from.

Gung Fu is hard work. If a JKD guy is working his but off at what he does then he deserves the same respect that other MA's do.

I believe that Bruces hard work and concept put together can help everybody.
    However I also believe that only he was the real Pinacle of his "Style" (using the word "style" for lack of a better one)

All the JKD guys train their attributes. But I have not seen any of the big dogs INSPIRE ME w/ the same AWE and raw energy that you could see in Bruce. He was truely a diamond in the rough.

The only guys i've seen come close to his almost supernatural speed and power were a few Shaolin Monks that I had the pleasure of training w/ in 1998 at Sil Lum temple.

I'm not saying Bruce was unbeatable, but who can argue w/ me that he had his moments to inspire us all?

"O"

Black Jack Guest
    I know more than a few people who train with Vunack and I have met him on two occasions and you are totaly talking out of your ass.

If all you have is hearsay than you should keep it to yourself and not on a public forum. Vu is a health nut and you do not know the first thing about him.

Sounds like a little JKD/Vunack envy. Why don't you try and work as hard as him and stop trying to slander people on the faceless internet and to hurt peoples reputations...not like you could ever hurt Vu's...I highly doubt that the Navy Seals or the Polsh Army or the DEA or the FBI is calling you up on the phone to desgin close quater combat programs for them...Paul is one of the best streetfighters around and a highly skilled martial artist and JKD icon who has accomplished more than most teachers could only dream of.

Regards

fish Guest

well said

thats right, Bruce Lee obtained almost perfection with his JKD, and its only something all of us dream about. How many other martial artists do you know that are like Bruce?

fish

ive seen the vunak tapes and they are sh!t, seal team dont even use him anymore so snap out of it black jack. vunak got the a$$ , the i think that scares guy was next, and i have to admit jerry petterson is way better then vunak.

get that up ya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

mantis108 Guest

Black Jack need not be upset.

Hi Black Jack,

My friend, you need not be upset about this faceless and brainless master wannabe. Virtually all great masters including 2 of my Sigungs are drug addicts according to him and his secret lineage BS. Read his other posts and you see what I mean. Think of him as the brother of Word (sorry Word) would be an insult to Word. I feel sorry for those who are supposedly his students since the biggest secret of his teaching is to take drug and forget about practice. What a rip off. He's properly high while posting. So don't worry about him and his comments.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

mantis 108

stay out of it,D!CK or i'll break your f*cking legs you stupid insect.

black jack,
    im sorry i called your jkd instructor a cocain addict. happy now!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Black Jack Guest
    You have got to be kidding me? This Twink teaches martial arts?

I never stated that the Seals still use the RAT program but that at one point the program was used and crafted for the SEAL teams by Vunack on order from N.E. Huston, Commander of the U.S. Navy.

The program is used now with the San Diego DEA/Narcotics Task Force and the FBI Special Enforcement Team as well as numerous other local law enforcement agencies.

Roy Harris, V.P. of PFS has just returned last week from teaching the Polish Army and Polsih Tactical Police Units CQC JKDC combat methods.

Where are your references numbnuts?????????????

Vunack can supply a list of American and European military and civilan references that seem endless as compared to your school??

What system do you even teach...******* Fu or Jerk Off Chuan?

Regards

jerk off chaun

hep thats right i do jkd (jerk off chaun). jkd today is not what bruce lee put together. vunak should call it wing chun,silat,arnis vunak style. they totally destroyed bruce lee, made a goose out of him and his jkd.i have no respect for jkd people the are living off a name and a movie star. thats all folks!!

go and toss off else where on your jkd thread BLACK JACK. PLAY YOUR BONGO DRUMS LIKE VUNAK, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ;14252
    hep thats right i do jkd (jerk off chaun). jkd today is not what bruce lee put together. vunak should call it wing chun,silat,arnis vunak style. they totally destroyed bruce lee, made a goose out of him and his jkd.i have no respect for jkd people the are living off a name and a movie star. thats all folks!!

go and toss off else where on your jkd thread BLACK JACK. PLAY YOUR BONGO DRUMS LIKE VUNAK, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

This thread is pretty good,

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    This thread is pretty good,

Cheers
    It was bad 12 years ago and its worse now

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    It was bad 12 years ago and its worse now
    What is so bad about it?

Looks like pretty accurate account to me.

Cheers

Best martial arts actor of all time.

- jo

Bruce was an actor and nothing else. His jkd is not really much more than flash. He did a great deal of movie gung fu, and that is what it was. He was about making money, and he glorified himself and his gung fu.
    He used tense units to work out. He didn't want to spend valuable time doing physical training, so he would attach the tense units to his abdomen and his pecs and let them do the work for him while he did other things. I call that smart training.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Bruce was an actor and nothing else. His jkd is not really much more than flash. He did a great deal of movie gung fu, and that is what it was. He was about making money, and he glorified himself and his gung fu.
    He used tense units to work out. He didn't want to spend valuable time doing physical training, so he would attach the tense units to his abdomen and his pecs and let them do the work for him while he did other things. I call that smart training.
    Not an accurate description or reasoning for Bruce's use of a trans-cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation unit. Although the chuckle from "tense units" made reading your post worth it.