Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight training question

Re: Weight Lifting

Originally posted by NPMantis
    I am sorry but what you are saying is incorrect, it is a bioological fact that a muscle has to grow to become stronger - you are telling me that you can honestly doing a heavy compound exercise every day with no muscle tearing (which is how it becomes stronger) or growth and become stronger? Try going to a weight lifting forum and saying that, you will be laughed off the forum. I had a look at the book and although the ideas are interesting some of its methodology does lack the fundamental biological principles which are known throughout the world about the system of strength training.

By the way, I am not trying to be argumentative (I hope you don't take offence).

Take care,

Mantis
    Umm..your pretty much wrong in most of what you are saying...just as an FYI. Anyone who knows anything about weightlifting knows what powerlifting and strength training is...and if you said what you just said on any of the bodybuilding forums I'm on they'd laugh you off the board.

All the initial strength gains you get when you first start working out is due to neural adaptation, which your body has optimized itself then strength starts to come through muscle tissue re-growth. Although power training with high weights 1-5 reps close to your 1RM will allow your nervous system to recruit more and more motor units to perform the lift. This will occur regardless of a increase in hypertrophy.

Training as you recommend for hypertrophy only will give you weakest but biggest body, so sure you'll have nice big looking weak muscles and that's it. Then some skinny kid coming in who knows what he's doing will outlift you on his warmup sets. I know guys that are 160lbs deadlifting close to 500lbs, and they are ripped, not super musclebound or anything. Please learn anatomy and muscle physiology and then start correcting people.

Oh and please list these bodybuilding forums and I will argue directly with your source of misinformation. I'm assuming that you've simply misunderstood something that's been said and posted here.

I am sorry but what you are saying is incorrect, it is a bioological fact that a muscle has to grow to become stronger - you are telling me that you can honestly doing a heavy compound exercise every day with no muscle tearing (which is how it becomes stronger) or growth and become stronger?

Yes.

Try going to a weight lifting forum and saying that, you will be laughed off the forum.

I don't think so. I am a regular at the Anabolic Extreme forum, which is by far the best bb'ing forum ever. Don't say to me "oh but what about t-mag" because the people at t-mag are fůcking clueless and their message board is nothing but a giant píssing contest. (maybe you don't like t-mag, but a lot of people do and so I thought I'd address that here). Not that it's relevent, but the point is that almost everyone at AE agrees with what I am saying here. Why? Because they know their stuff. Now, most of them don't subscribe to this training practice because they're mostly hardcore BB'ers, but contrary to what you think, I am not "laughed off" the board when I make refrence to it.

...book... some of its methodology does lack the fundamental biological principles which are known throughout the world about the system of strength training.

Um, I don't think so.

By the way, I am not trying to be argumentative (I hope you don't take offence).

I don't take offence

What ElPeitro said is correct.

By the way, since I have stopped BB'ing I have not only gotten smaller, but much, much stronger. Crazy, eh?

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.