Thread: Choy Li Ho Fut Hung (Kung Fu San Soo) anyone take it?

Jackal Guest

Choy Li Ho Fut Hung (Kung Fu San Soo) anyone take it?

I study San Soo i've been studying for about 8-9 months now, i was just wondering if anyone in this forum takes it and what are your opinions on it.

JohnnyBoy Guest

San Soo

I am currently a Yellow Belt in San Soo, I absolutely love the art, It's straightforward techniques and smooth circular motions and efficient use of movement make this in my opinion the most effective combat art out there. My only wish is that maybe there was a little bit more formality involved to build a greater comradeship between students. I also think its missing a little bit of the traditional Kung Fu "ceremony" involved in regards to promotions and what not. But all-in-all in terms of combat, I feel that San Soo is the best out there, and in its purest form I feel it can beat any style.

Jackal Guest

hi fellow san soo practitioner

you know I am a yellow too... I feel the same way, I think this art is way better than any other. After taking several months of san soo it gave me sort of a trained eye making every other art not look so good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

JHWSS Guest

sansoo

Jackal,
    Where do you train. I am from the monterey bay. I have trained for two years in san soo. I feel very strong about san soo. If someone talks bad about my art I am swinging for the fences. I am still young so I can still do crazy stuff like that. Unfortunately my school closeed in july and I really have no sifu anymore though me and a friend still workout in his garage.

MoQ Guest

What's the 5-Family connection here?

I know this is a "conceptual" approach to these well-tossed names... but what else?

Jackal Guest

san soo

I feel the same way as you when other people put down the art. Don't let them get to you, they don't take the art... they don't know what its like. Anyways I train in Olympia, Washington from a second generation student of Jimmy H. Woo. Ive been going for several months now. The five family system is choy = striking, li = leverages , ho = pressure points, fut = stradegy, hung = power. with all these families combined is what makes san soo.

Jackal Guest
    woops i mean i learn from a second generation master not student

magicfist Guest

San Soo

I'm new here so I just wanted to say howdy. I've been doing San Soo for about three years now. I love the art and I think that san soo people tend to be very proud of the art (for good reason).

Private San Soo Forum

Hello Everyone,
    Most everybody should have already gotten an invitation to join a private San Soo members only forum I just started.

If I missed you, it is not because I don't want you there, it is just because I don't have your valid email account.

If you are interested then please email me with the following information:

First name
    Last name
    valid email address (the one you will be logging on with onto the internet). I cannot invite you without the above information due to the computer programming of the message board.

If I don't know you, then please include a brief description of your current or past San Soo training, i.e., who from, and where at.

For example, I know that JHWSS learned from Mark Jacobi before Mr. Jacobi closed down. I would have invited JHWSS, but I don't have his valid email address. So JHWSS, if you or anyone else is interested please send the necessary information to:
    SanSooSifu@aol.com

In case anyone is wondering, you do get to learn my name when I email you the invitation. Not like anyone really cares though, right? :D

Hit First...Hit Hard...Hit Often...and Finish Him Off!