Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Question for wah lum people part II

Flem

4th exer. against a grab sounds like alot going on, but it`s easy and fast. To me, using against a kick takes too much time and effort, I liked the diaper changing quote.

flem

I think you need more sleep or something.
    This is your quote saying my move is a flaw because you say to move into the opponent with circular tech.
    If you read my post again(below your quote) i said move forward with each backfist, isn't that what you are saying?

flem quote:
    -you are right in that i overlooked the body position statement, however your move is still a flaw in my opinion. i am sure it is effective in training but i find almost always best to move into the opponent when a circular tech is thrown,

my post:
    -Use it as an attack, moving forward with each backfist , kind of like fan cha.
    The arms are long, moving fast with rolling shoulder movement and of course the waist fa jing.

18elders

my bad. i was referring to your double armed defense of the roundhouse, not the backfists. by the way, do any of your forms combine the two? the "wedge" block and the backfist? though i still would prefer not to defend first but rather move inside, it seems like a natural combo.
    when i was talking about flaws, i was referring to the "wedge" (sorry don't have a better word) defensive posture. but i was not saying your style is flawed. what i am saying is that there are flaws in the movement, as with any movement. by practicing that posture you are ingraining a natural response to the back roundhouse, what i am saying is in my training i like to find the move's inherent weakness, this is only possible by going outside the style so to speak, so that an opponent that doesn't know the "right" way to work with or against the move doesn't catch me of guard.