Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long do you train?

Talking Practice

I train about about 5 hours a day, some times more. I start my own training about 5.am to 9:30am in china town. I start off first jogging two or three miles every day. after that I practice standing Chi kung (Yi Ch'uan) and Wai Dan forms of Chi Kung.

I then practice Hsing Yi and Chen Man Ching form of yang style Tai Chi a few times. After I finish practicing my Tai Chi form, most of the time I play Tui Shou with a few of my chinese friends that teach Tai chi.

Some times I get to spar a few of them, but most of the time the only Chinese teachers that will spar are external practitioners. After push hands I go get some thing to eat and go home to get ready for work.

My night practice is all BaGaZhang, I start off with Ba Gua methods of Chi Kung and auxiliary training to develop internal power and effective fighting skills: body conditioning, palm work, kicking sets.

After that I move on to practice form work: the 8 mother palms, 64 palms, freestyle form practice. I finish my practice with 20 mins of sitting meditation. After meditation I come back to the earth dimension of realiity and trun on my tv and play station 2 and get to playing. Because life is also fun."

Peace

Hi Maoshan

Let's just say there is not enough time in the day. I haven't even been able to check the board lately and there are some excellent threads going. I'm training about 5 to 6 hours a day with classes 4 days a week too. I can't even get to our Long Pole class starting this month

Hope you have found the consistancy you seek in your training lately.

Peace
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

i and i trizzain

2-4 hours a day

i start upon waking up whenever that is, i do some sets from the 10 taoist stretching exercises as taught to me by the Blacktaoist, then I move onto single-leg white crane stance work finishing with fingertip push up chi gung or more sets from the 10 taoist stretching exercises.

at lunch i stretch some more, then work on my palm change in a park no matter the weather

throughout the day i work on strike combos as Iwalk wherever.
    i open doors with mantis hooks or phoenix eyes

at home i work on the iron palm bag, tree training, running and stepping drills and form work from mantis and fukien white crane groundboxing

i finish out the day with yi-chuans ...word.

training sequence subject to change :P

YI Wu

YI Wu are you going to still fight at that event? You know what event I'm talking about..........LOL. Any way call me or e-mail and let me know whats up.

peace.