Thread: Ghost-faced Killer - the movie

Smile Ghost-faced Killer - the movie

In the Shaw Brother's classic movie, The Ghost Faced Killer, the killer has a nearly unstoppable style called "5-element boxing."
    I am wondering if anyone who saw the movie could tell me what styles is the guy demonstrating, I know some of it is made up, but it looks at little like Hsing-Yi, plus some flashy kicks thrown in for good measure. I posted the question in the Hsing-Yi thread but didn't get an answer. Come on, this is really important stuff, folks!!

-FJ

It is Hsing-I
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Definitely not Hsing-I.

Those were just diverations of element punches, ie, Hung Gar's water and earth, which I used to like and use a lot. I like to use earth when attacking:

Sort of a cross back hand, attacking with the ridge of my forearm expecting the other to block or counter with a similiar motion, then follow with a long cup choy.

Used to work a lot, get's played out after you use it once or twice, the person would be a fool to keep folling for it. Good for first time encounters.

"The sky is high, the clouds are low, but my water technique is hard to beat."

I like that movie. Actually selling my entire VHS library if interested (over 25 classics) -- just got DVD.

I know the fighting isn't Hsing-I, that's a typical movie style mish-mash of stles. The principle of the 5 elements in Hsing-I

It's a MOVIE kids
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

I have no-idea

tho im listening to ghOstface killah-bulletproof wallets/walking thru tha darkness as we speak sO.....

Evolutionfist

What are the titles, how good condition are they in, and what's the price?

-FJ

I have tons:

Shaolin Temple with Jet Li
    5 Deadly venoms
    Snake in the Eagles shadow
    Drunken Master (original)
    Shoalin vs. Wutang
    7 grandmasters
    Long Fist Mantis
    Descendants of Wing Chun
    Fist of the White Lotus
    First of Fury
    Bruce Lee the legend
    Iron Monkey (this is a bootleg from NYC corner -- it was a gift)
    The last samurai
    Old Dirty gung-fu
    Born Invincible

I can't remember them all. I listed them all on Wugar.com, my friend's web site.

If you are interested let me know. I had like 30 of them that I was going to sell for $75 (or interesting weapon trade (no wushu steal) or $7 a pop.

The big name films are all in good condition, some of the lesser titles have moments of that kung fu flik quality. If you are buying individual I'll let you know if its worth it or not -- nothing like a bad quality film. The ones above are all good, I watch them now and again. I just got Crouching Tiger on DVD and want to rebuild. I don't think many of these will be on DVD though, I;m hoping 5 deadlies is though, a classic.

Peace

The "Ghost-Faced Killer" character was created for the movie "The Mystery of Chess Boxing." It is an independent film directed by Joseph Kuo in Taiwan, not by Shaw Brothers studios.

I believe the actor who played Ghost-Faced Killer was named Lung Kuan-Wu, a.k.a., Mark Long. He was a Tae Kwon Do stylist who also practiced various kung fu styles and acrobatics as well. The "5-element fist" style in the movie was made up for the movie, although several real kung fu systems use the principles of 5 elements (Hsing-I, Hung Ga, etc.). The version in the movie was related to none of those, just created for entertainment.

Jim

Wow, that's a nice collection of movies! If I were you I'd hold on to them! I'll trade you my wooden short staff for em! Seriously, 75$ for all of those? That's a deal! I could probably get the moniey together in a few days. how much would you say shiping would cost? Man, that's a good deal for all those movies.
    I am nothing.

jimbo

Oh, that's right, the Mystery of Chess Boxing. Not so surprising he was a TKD stylist, seemed to kick alot. Plus he was always falling backwards...Just Kidding!!
    -FJ