Thread: OT: whaling

OT: whaling

Maybe this should belong in the "Medicine" thread

I saw footage of a Japanese ship this morning, killing a whale and pulling it onto this ship. Save the details, I wanted some more knowledge in this area.

OK I admit, I am downright loser and I teared watching it. But before I jump to conclude that it is all crap and get all emotional about it.....does anyone know why whales are being killed by these whalers ? To make medicine ? For what purpose ? What does it heal and why ? Serious question here....

OM MANI PEMME HUNG
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I heard they make sushi with the whales man, i heard its some of the best sushi, the whale sushi.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

I can't guarantee this is why, but I did read a while back that japanese fishermen in the 70's would catch dolphin, and basically crucify them on a board on the deck of the ship, in the belief that their cries attracted tuna.

Not one of the more pleasant things I've read, but there you have it.

prana

Meat...
    Pretty much as simple as that, though from memory there is some kind of chemical or oil they extract as well. Proberly go's into womens perfume or make up knowing this world.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

whales killed 4 thier blubber.

Yes, food and blubber (often the same thing) as well as ambergris, oil, glands, baleen, bone, and all sorts of other stuff.

You should read 'Moby-****' sometime, and don't skip the cetealogical chapters. It's good stuff. Not that Melville is the best place to do research on contemporary Japanese whaling, but it is one of the greatest novels ever written.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

This is getting ridiculous.

So, I was drinking ****genized milk and reading 'Moby-****' today when an unsanded splinter in the kitchen table *****ed my finger. I shouted, which awoke my german shepherd *****, who was sleeping at my feet. She quickly lay down again, and to take my mind off my injury I lit a *** (I'm trying to quit, but taking it slowly.) When I'm off tobacco entirely, I'll be the **** of the walk!

Then I screwed the pooch in the twat, the bunghole, and finally the snatch again.

MODS - PLEASE DISABLE THE CENSOR! IT MAKES THINGS LESS CLEAR, NOT LESS VULGAR!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Dooood. You funny!