Thread: Your methods for get rid of toxins

Your methods for get rid of toxins

Hey guys:

What methods do you use to get rid of toxins in your body? (Diet, excercises, etc). I use to take a day off and drink lots of water and juice, combined with excercises to sweat.

I wanna know what you use. Thanks in advance
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Thumbs up

Sounds like a widely accepted method Felipo if I had to do it, I would do that too, I dont find having to do it too much....
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

water with lemon. 1 or 2 liters per day of this

brown rice. a handful for a meal.

chi kung. regular practice

kung fu. regular practice

sleep. more sleep when sick.

usually in that order.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

most "toxins" can't be eliminated in a day, it's a product of the way you live in general. Seriously, I'm worried you may develop obsessive compulsive habits. Don't worry about "Toxins" !!!!!

Talking

Thanks guys.

I know most toxins can't be eliminated in a day!...but there are times when you feel your body is "clogged" and not responding as you want it to. That's where the "cleansing" is useful. You get rid of mucosity and "dirt".

Do any of you practice the cleansing methods of yoga?, like Nauli (Intestinal cleansing) or the Elephant Excercise?

more info?

Personally, I'd like some more info on this subject, so more replies mabey?

Shane

How can you tell when you need to get rid of toxins? I though that's what peeing was for

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yeah, peeing is a good sign

But you can check for more signs, depending on the amount of toxins...your skin gets greasy and pimples may appear, abundance of mucosity in your throat, your intestines feel full and clogged, and your energy levels are low.- I know there are more symptoms, but these are the ones in top of my head now.

I repeat my question.: Does somebody else use the yoga cleansing methods?

Yoga

You mean like giving yourself enemas and swallowing a strip of cloth into you stomach then pulling it out? Putting a string up your nose and out your mouth? Looks bizarre to me, but I'm sure it's good stuff. You said anyone else, now do you do these things? C'mon, you can tell us, we're your friends!
    Well, one thing I do advocate is standing on your head for 3-5 minutes, I do this the Yoga way making an angle with your forearms, I feel it clears my head somewhat from the cobwebs caused by weed smoking sittting in front of the computer too much, or lack of sleep.
    -FJ

Giving yourself enemas and inserting clothes into your stomach?...nahhh...there are simpler and more effective things to cleanse your body.

Nauli is a yoga excercise to clean your intestines...it involves an excercise of moving your belly in a circular way. This is combined with an intake of salty water. After a few excercises, you'll expulse all the obstructions of your colon.

The elephant excercise works in an inverse way you drink water and expulse it.

The excercise you mentioned is very, very good. It's benefits are too many to post here. The way I do it's described in this VERY old photo of mine...you need a little more balance with this one.
    Last edited by Felipe Bido; 02-04-2002 at 06:15 PM.

Look at KC Elbows post of "health problems" for my preferred method.

When you get that "blah" feeling it's time to cleanse. And you can always drink prune juice!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Definately the lemon juice, and go on a "green " diet. eliminate all processed foods. juicing with carrots, beets with the stems, parsley, celery and apple is a good detoxifyer. Go to the grocery and buy Konsul-psyllium seed husk-mix with juice once in the morning, once before bedtime. Get ready for 3' long bowel movements-I'm not joking! Okay, this gets a little weird.The colon
    has folds and traps fecal matter which can hold toxins. This can lead to all sorts of problems-leaky gut syndrome, diverticulitus,irritable bowel syndrome, etc. The high fiber diet and psyllium husk will cleanse your intestines naturally. Colonics and hydrotherapy is too invasive, destroys friendly flora, and frankly, does not seem natural. Hey, that's an exit, not an entrance!