Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention: JF SPRINGER

Attention: JF SPRINGER

Hi,

I was curious if you'd care to share how your kung fu training was of service to you while you were in the armed forces. Thanks-

I'm a bad person.
    Last edited by CanadianBadAss; 01-20-2002 at 05:49 PM.
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

Not THAT bad, CanadianBadAss.

I would be very interested in Springer's answer on this, as I don't know anything about the armed forces.

Of What Value

The attributes were of greater value than actual techniques. Moving quietly through the bush for extended periods of time requires a lot of stamina, balance and mental toughness.

We were designed to go "deep" without support or back-up for extremely long periods of time. That in of itself is a difficult thing to deal with both mentally and physically.

The will to squeeze the trigger on a man framed in your sight picture guilty only of being on the wrong side of the political equation is nowhere near as "easy" as some would have you believe. The image that at some point in time the guy was a young child who looked up at the night sky and gazed in awe and wonder at God’s creation was never lost on me. That level of discipline can be found, nurtured and developed in TCMA.

The ability to shoot-move & communicate while wearing the skull fragments and splattered brains of what was the troop on your immediate flank is reflective of high level sustained focus while under duress which can be developed through proper TCMA practice.

To sum it up - Undergoing the rigors of real, authentic TCMA training and practice over much time leads to a rock solid belief that it's all a process and everything is transient in nature. No matter how fu*cked up, no matter how painful, no matter how miserable, no matter what, remaining focused, in the moment, and 100% committed to achieving the intended outcome will produce the best result possible.

Whether or not that means you get to see the sun rise another day is always suspect but never a question. I know of far better soldiers than me that are maggot sh*it in the jungles of South-Central America while I’m still breathing in and out, go figure
    Last edited by JF Springer; 01-20-2002 at 06:47 PM.

JF- good response, thanks. Anyone else here former/current military wanna kick in their 2cents?

Where is qimaster when you need him?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Huge advantage! I know better soldiers than me that are maggot dung in the jungles of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
    You survive because you have enough will and chi to take a 60 away from a bigger guy that's wobbling and about to drop on a force march.
    You survive because you have the will and chi to swim 2 miles to shore with a 70pd. field pack a 6 1/5 pd. rifle and a 3pd. steel helmut after the gas bottle breaks off your life vest on a jump.
    You survive because you have the will and chi to walk point with a compass at almost a double time in triple canopy down the ridge lines at night for twenty clics so your platoon can be dusted off after 5 days incountry with contact everyday.
    You survive because you have the will, chi and enough heat in your lower dan to not succumb to hypothermia by starting the fire in your dan and pressing your rifle butt hard into your cheek to stay awake and to keep your face out of the water and clenching your jaw to keep your teeth from rattling so you can wake everyone else up.
    I'm sure others have good examples.
    Peace
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

guohuen

Right on point my Brother by a different Mother We've all seen people who appear "superior" in every sense of the word from a physical perspective get wiped clean out because their mind and will were WEAK.

All kinds of technically superior people running around who Star Down big time in a controlled environment but fall apart under less than ideal circumstances.

That's the biggest advantage I see to having been down in "blood and the mud." He*ll, let's face it, your Ranger School is primarily geared to break a man or force him to confront his breaking point. Same deal with the SFAS Course. People died during my cycle and out of 458 pre-qualified, pre-selected candidates who started the SFAS Course, there were only 161 of us left standing at the end. That was only the first gate to clear as there were 3 others.

The technical and tactical are necessary, and indeed, these are the elements that define an art. HEART is what defines the man, HEART is what transforms the tactically and technically proficient man into a Warrior.

Ouch! That's rugged! No one died in my cycle. A few classes before me two Pakistani officers flunked out and were shot back home and a few classes after mine eight ranger students, the pilot , copilot and crew chief died hitting a mountain in Ga. in the fog. Two students survived. Five of the guys that died were my pals. Our class started with 200 and 70 graduated. 75 medical discharges, 50 dropouts and 5 failures on points. Your right, it's all about finding the wall. I don't think I learned anything new as I had already been assigned for 5 months and had more intensive training with the unit. I did hit the wall a couple of times and work around it, but I lost 27LBS. I didn't have to lose.
    Peace Brother! Toney
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

If you're reading this Sifu Abel - THIS is the kind of thread that makes me feel stupid and 17.

Man, I have a lot of respect for you vets. Makes Apocalypse Now seem like Bambi.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Your not going to have a machine gun when you are just walking down the street. All that military training where you shoot guns will go down the toilet when you get into a fight in the real world cuase you don't have guns. Military stuff is with guns and bazookas and stuff. Not hand to hand.

I have more hand to hand combat experience that most war veterans from various branches of the military combined. I have been raised in the ghettos of Frederick and have seen and participated in violent street conflicts and i have fought a taijiquan instructor and knocked him out. In chinese taijiquan means "Grand Ultimate Fist". So that makes taijiquan the best kung fu. And i destroyed the "Grand Ultimate Fist" style so i have destroyed the best style kung fu has to offer. I have also defeated various san shou champions.

Ralek

There is humor and there is plain bad taste dont confuse the two.

"All that military training where you shoot guns will go down the toilet when you get into a fight in the real world cuase you don't have guns. Military stuff is with guns and bazookas and stuff. Not hand to hand."
    - All your spineless insults will go 'strait down the toilet' the second you actualy come face to face with someone who has actualy been in 'military stuff'. Why dont you join the military? It would be a walk in the park according to you. Plus im pretty sure they always have positions 'available-expendable' for people like yourself. Young dumb and like a can full of bright red tomato juice. The term 'fragbait' comes to mind.

"I have more hand to hand combat experience that most war veterans from various branches of the military combined."
    - Yeah i can scrap too, that doesnt mean squat to someone who defends there country for a living. Its only a shame they dont get to pick who they do and dont protect. Else you my friend would be in a whole world of hurt.

"I have been raised in the ghettos of Frederick and have seen and participated in violent street conflicts"
    - Tell that to a soldier fighting in a third world country over and argument he hardly understands himself. I would bet you sleep much more confortably than they do. Your little street games dont mean a thing when your playing for keeps.

"i have fought a taijiquan instructor and knocked him out."
    - Your not the first are proberly wont be the last, if you took on a well renound one i might be impressed. What was the name of this 'instructor'?

The rest of your post just went back to good old fashioned Ralek and i can live with that. Just please reframe from posting your ignorence in a thread where there is actualy much to be learned. Keep it in your usual trolling and style vs style threads, its better recieved. Like i say big difference between humour and just plain insulting.

P.S Thanks for your insight JF Springer and guohuen, your country is lucky to have men like yourselfs
    Last edited by jon; 01-21-2002 at 09:14 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Hello!!!!! Didn't you read my post??? I didn't say that military stuff was not hard and did not work. Someone with a gun could easily defeated hand to hand fighters like Mike Tyson, Rickson Gracie, Vanderli Silva, ect. I admit that military fighting can easily defeat hand to hand fighters.

But military fighting is only for guns and bazookas and stuff like that. The best military fighter in the world who knows how to drive air planes and shoot machine guns could be easily defeated by Mike Tyson on the street becuase on the street you don't have air planes and battle ships and machine guns.

So that's the difference between military and hand to hand. Being a good air plane piolet or machine gunner does not do anything for your hand to hand experiecne.

Ralek,

How much you don't know fills volumes. I hope JF Springer sees you talking smack about the military and uses it as additonal fuel to whup you bad. And if for some reason, he doesn't, then I hope you still have this bug when I get around to that part of the country. I'd love to educate you military style, boy.

You can talk smack about styles and how you ride Gracie jock all you want, but you WILL NOT disrespect the men and women who gave their lives so that you can continue to be an idiot.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

HA HA, you go big bro
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!