Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Tun To Fau Chum" and tendon

fiercest tiger Guest

good question tnwingstun

The ging would be like a duck or dog shaking the water off its body. it should go in all directions, although cannon fist brought up the dip gwut / rib power which i think links with the elbows.

meltdawn- does your school work on the 3 body shapes, you mentioned yuen(circle) what about the other 2?

just my cents worth!

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

meltdawn Guest

FT, good visualization.

But wouldn't that be more of a waist generated effect?

I desire correction from tn if I've misunderstood him, but I think he's describing more of an explosion. Gang ging evolves from a culmination of the use of all body mechanics and and understanding of their issuance of power. So possibly we as mere mortals are too slow to understand that which appears to be omnipresent. The master appears/feels as if he has "exploded" in all directions simultaneously, but the event is more like a highly tuned rapid fire attack.

"you mentioned yuen(circle) what about the other 2?"
    Yeah, what about them...

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi

WenJin Guest
    Practise San Jan long long time. Power is non resolute no waist no hip no open closing lung just all. Don't understand well honestly neither do I really a teacher explained to me I felt but did not understand :(

Shaolin Master Guest
    In each power the pulsating wave occurs so that there is a particular emphasis and particular mechanics. So for some issuance there is a need for the 6 EXTERNALs to be addressed differently, then supported by 3 INTERNALS....within there is the outer issuance of Tun Tau Fau Chum as well as things like Dip Gwut, Hau Hun, Dan Lok that specifically support adequate issuance of such energy.....The point is that they occur separate.

In Gang Geng it is all together (though in chain, they are trained so that the second before one and the other becomes non existant) thus being at an instant ......

San Zhan in Fukien arts, San Bu Jin in Sth Mantis & in BM Gau Bo Toi are the key....but who practices that way :).....again and again slow fast, medium, one geng two geng more gang geng then is the lore.

Regards
    Shi Chan Long

fiercest tiger Guest

meltdawn

you cannot have one without the other waist, dip gwut,ttfc, hum hung bat boy, 3 posture, chum boy chum jarng all are used together. luk ging, luk hup all as one! :rolleyes:

do you practise the other 2 body shapes in your dragon?
    what are they used for?

come & visit us!
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master Guest
    Hehe....without objective there is no Geng of any sort. See Classics talk "all as one" an easy statement but for learning adequately objective changes and at the end Gang become one again....sounds like a circle but it is the only way no short cuts no theories life....
    Oh yes a little of everything in anything but where is it going to.
    Unfortunately this could be spoken of forever....solution go and practice don't think and one day you will know.

Regards
    Shi Chan Long

[This message was edited by Shaolin Master on 04-19-01 at 10:37 PM.]

meltdawn Guest
    Shaolin Master:
    That was an excellent description.

tnwingtsun:
    Waiting for your feedback.

FT:
    When you roll your eyes at me, why would I be eager to be open with you?

fiercest tiger Guest

meltdawn

your last comment was the two body shapes WHAT ABOUT THEM ! i asked you if you practise them, your comment seemed alittle rude, but thats cool if you dont want to talk to me! :(

shaolinmaster
    correct, just practise right! dont talk to much theories know your practical!! :cool:

come & visit us!
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

tnwingtsun Guest

Meltdawn

Hold on,I haven't forgot,
    I'll get back with you latter,
    just stopped in for a quick look,
    and yes,I did see it happen.
    FT and meltdawn,shake hands please.
    Be back in a while :)

meltdawn Guest
    FT
    First off, I disagreed with your comparison. I did it in an open and sincere fashion and put forth opinion to follow through. None of my post was meant to irritate you.

"your last comment was the two body shapes WHAT ABOUT THEM !"
    No, it was not. YOU brought them up. YOU are the sifu. Dangerous to assume I even know of what you speak.

"i asked you if you practise them, your comment seemed alittle rude, but thats cool if you dont want to talk to me!"
    You've baited me and numerous others upon this topic more than once, please excuse my conclusion-jumping. Why don't you first share your knowledge on this subject, hopefully I can learn something from it.

Civility IS the name of the game here, so leave out the blatantly condescending emoticons, please.

TN:
    "Shake hands"?? You sound remarkably like a moderator! Somebody get a torch and a rope, there's a gonna be a hangin'!

tnwingtsun Guest

TROLL PROOF

TN:
    "Shake hands"?? You sound remarkably like a moderator",lol meltdawn,thanks for the comp.

This topic was worth bringing up again in the silence
    thats been around.

Spinning top energy,could this analogy fit
    into the puzzel?

NOTICE-This post is troll proof,that means
    I shall not respond to trolls on this thread. :p

cricri Guest

thanks everyone

I am very happy than that thread leads to so much passion in the answer.

The answer were very interesting. My way to get on a subject is to answer to basic questions as : what, how, when, who, where...

In that thread I wanted to answer to the question what is jing. As for me jing has the same principle in every single martial art I wanted to know the pak mei approach.

But I knew that defining the jing is not very easy So I wanted to know how to get Jing. Because any exercice has a goal. So knowing what is the exercice can help to know the goal to aim. And knowing the goal of an exercice helps to understand the jing.

I am sure that all your answers will help me to move forward in my practise. So thank for your contribution in my own thruth.