Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

3 30.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tekken

Hmm best fighting game since slice bread? I dunno about that but it's pretty **** good. My video game collection includes mostly fighting games, such as Virtua fighter 4, soul caliber. Tekken 5 has the old features like survivor, team battle etc. but now it has Jin's Devil Within instead of the previous Tekken force, you can customize your characters just like Virtua Fighter 4, and you can play the old Tekkens as well. Now i can sell Tekken 3 and 4.

I bought Tenchu, Mercenaries, Devil may cry 3, and tekken 5 all relatively around the same time and I've been playing tekken 5 the most. I would highly recommend this though.
    Amithaba

I doubt it's better than Virtua Fighter 4 but it really comes down to personal choice. I'd buy it in a second if I had a ps2, and now I'm seriously ponderin to get one.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I have virtua fighter 4 , while it is a fun game tekken has always had better game controls imo. it feels more like actual combat. If you enjoy fighting games jp, you won't be disappointed.
    another advantage to tekken is the rich history the charcters have. which is part of what makes it so enjoyable.
    me being accustomed to that makes virtura fighter less enjoyable

Tekken 5 > All.

I'd argue it has the best graphics seen on the PS2 hardware, both in-game and movies.

The only problem: Jinpachi is unplayable. And, he cheats. A lot.

But really, buy it, love it, believe.

Why? Because it's Tekken, because it's 5, and because I said so.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I was really disappointed with not being able to play Jinpachi. I was looking forward to using him and cheating my friends just how he cheats me when i try to beat him. Gotta love the customization though, even though it's a rip off of virtua fighter.
    Amithaba

VF and Tekken are different animals so maybe it's wrong of me to say something is better than the other. When you compare the best fighting games out right now, it's mostly just personal taste it comes down to. For me I find the VF series more interesting because I can see the traces of Sega. But don't kid yourself, there's a new game in town, and this one is **** beautiful. I'm gonna have to get myself a ps2 now

edit: so, is Jinpachi a boss or something?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I like playing as Feng Wei. How do you beat Jinpachi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Thumbs up

you beat him with 5k!llz.

jinpachi = final boss.

You gotta admit that nothing beats a good old game of Street Fighter V.S SNK
    "Whoever practices the snake style i'll fix em and fix em good."-Snake in the Eagles shadow"

"Hack The Gibson"

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    you beat him with 5k!llz.

jinpachi = final boss.
    You are so enlightening!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

well I realy haven't played it yet, but run a google and type in tekken 5 cheats and see what turns up.
    that is if you don't mind not finding out some things on your own.
    namco probably also has a decent strategy guide on it available which if its anything like the one i got for tekken 3 should be pretty good about giving you helpful strategies and combos for all the characters.

Indeed. The BradyGames guide is much more thorough than any martial arts text I've come across.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Word, Once we get to a certain level in our martial arts training we should all be able to download our own personal dossiers, complete with move lists and strategy guides, cheats and helpful tips.

Who are you trying to beat Jinpachi with??
    Amithaba

mario

j/k
    I think he said the kenpo guy Feng or something.