Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: black tiger

Biejo Guest

black tiger

What do you think of one of the greatest fighters of our time?

DavidLatin Guest
    LOL, he sure is the best in winning imaginary fights. I must admit that much. He must make Paul Koh proud.

doug maverick Guest

what are is your problem

do you have some kind of problem i don't fight imaginary fights so i don't know what your talking about second i made an open challenge to anyone only two people had the balls to take it one i had to trick into taking it what you *****es
    never heard a peep out of you secound keep this on the koh forum never ever try to embarres me again!

ngokfei Guest

hak fu moon (black tiger system)

I post this separate as I don't want to be pulled into that challenging thing going on the other thread.

Is there only one black tiger system?
    :)

Shaolin Master Guest

NO

NO

Regards

Shi Chan Long

doug maverick Guest

no

there are 2 styles of black tiger manly fu jow pai
    formely known as hak fu moon then there black tiger which is a different style all by it self it was used by imperial guards to protect the emperor
    during the song dynasty the legendary black whirlwind li kui (outlaws of the marsh/water margin)was said to be an exponent of this art not much is known except that it vanished after the song and re-appeared during the ching dynasty a trveling performer from shang dong(who was really a monk) was said to hold the skill. thats about all i know about it hope i answered some of your question,,,

Gold Horse Dragon Guest
    Hi,

There are five systems of Black Tiger of which at least one is Northern, the others being Southern.
    Fu Jow Pai is based on the Black Tiger (Southern) system. Southern versions of Tiger systems are Hung Family Fist...and so...under the Hung Fist...we are all one family.
    All the Best
    GHD

tenchi Guest

a northern tiger?

Which is the northen style? didn't know one existed

Groundking1 Guest

Imperial guards??

Imperial guards were trained in black tiger too?

White crane/lama/hop ga stylist also said Imperial guards trained in there system.

Then again white eyebrow people say that he was the teacher of the ching army; most notable is Kao Tin Chung the Ching Army general that burned shaolin.

And lets not forget General Yue Fueh who developed eagle claw, or is it chin na?, or xingyi? and also his own style Yue Ga/Ngo Fei?

So, how many styles did the imperial guard used??

[This message was edited by Groundking1 on 02-09-01 at 05:26 PM.]

Je Lei Sifu Guest

Black Tiger From The North

The northern style of black tiger gung fu is the Shangdong Black Tiger Style. Only seen books on it. Never seen it in reality

Peace

Je Lei Sifu :cool:

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Takeshi Guest

March/April issue of Kf/QiGong Magazine

there's an article in here about this other Black Tiger system. in article there is also a picture of a grinder dummy. anybody ever use this or know anything about it?

Kung Lek Guest
    hi-

there is a poster here and around that goes by the screen name "reemul".

he is a practitioner of the northern black tiger system.

I myself practice a black tiger system that is unrelated to Wai Hong's Fu Jow Pai and also is not related to Hark Fu Moon.

The Black Tiger System I have been given and practice is from Toisan (hoy sun) district of canton.
    peace

Kung Lek

doug maverick Guest

black tiger!

now i don't know about any one else but i remember way back when i said that you don't have to be apart of the fu jow pai organization to be consodered a master and kung fu magazine just printed an article that talks about a black tiger master who had nothing to do with wai hong organization........

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi-

Wai Hong's Fu Jow Pai is Not "Black Tiger".
    He and his representatives never said that Fu Jow Pai was Black Tiger.

Fu jow Pai was formed out of Wai Hong's understanding of his lessons in Hark Fu Moon (a southern black Tiger system) and Hung Gar.

Fu Jow Pai literally means "Tiger Claw school/clan"

I study a sil lum black tiger style that is also unrealted to Wai Hongs system of Fu Jow Pai. It comes from Toisan District of Canton.

The black Tiger system you saw in the magazine is Hark Fu Moon which is the Black Tiger system name that predates Fu Jow Pai.
    It is one of the better known black tiger systems.

So, in short, I have read a lot of the fuss and challenges about Black Tiger but no one seemed to comment that Fu Jow Pai is NOT black Tiger system and it never claimed it was, it was formed from the foundation of Hark Fu Moon and Hung Gar which are not exclusive to anyone or any organization and was practiced throughout southern china with many village masters knowing and passing the system along.

The problems come when people say they are teaching Fu jow Pai or are masters of Fu Jow Pai which is the system that Wai Hong created and therefore he has rights to claim the system as His and he has the right to appoint instructors exclusively for this system of Kung Fu.

peace

Kung Lek

doug maverick Guest

good info!

yeah i know it's not the same but a few months back when i was speaking of this style alot of morons didn't believe me stating that wai hong's
    fu jow pai/hark fu moon was the only real style, and that i was just making things up