Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: black tiger

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Basically.
    In Hung-Kuen, the term Black is usually used when referring to more vicious techniques. It could simply be the name they chose to match the image they were seeking.

Remember Black Talons? Black,9mm notched hollow points. They made such a big stink about them, that they were taken off the market."They cut through the body like a buzzsaw"was some of the bad press the politicians used.

The exact same bullet is produced by another company and they're called,"Golden Sabers." Shiny Gold notched hollow points.Very heroic-no ban.
    Look at Glazer "Safety Slugs." A safe, happy bullet. Great for kids and pets!

If they painted the bullets powder blue and named them "Fluffies," there never would've been a problem.

So, if you wanted you style to strike fear in the hearts of men, would you name it "Fuzzy Tiger," or "Black Tiger?"

You're pretty much right on with this as pertaining to Hak Fu Mun. Hak Fu Mun was named so as to So Hak Fu's nick name given to him by his father, as said earlier. A Black Tiger is very rare and unlike a White Tiger which is forthright, a black Tiger is deceptive, sneaky and devious. Hak Fu Mun has often been considered occult.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

The term "African American" is actually improper English. The correct term is American African, Amer-African for short.

The term "African American" actually refers to people who live in Africa who are of American ancestry.

mickey
    "african american" is PC horse hockey.

Just 'American' will do.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hi DJ,

I understand what you mean, fully. Oftentimes, those terms are used more to differentiate than to bring people together. We still have the the American Chinese, the Chinese Americans, and so on.

mickey
    I know, it happens up here in canuckistan too. "scottish canadian" is my favorite. lol. especially when one considers most of these folks have never even been to scotland.

when people ask me, I tell em I'm Canadian. When they say, yeah, but what's your background, I strongly reiterate.

Born, bred and raised and allied to no other. Oh yeah eh.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

and that was exactly the point to my whole contribtion to this topic
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

ok you people do know that when people call themselves african american or chinese american etc. its to acknoweldge their ancestry right? are any of you who are saying what people should call themselves of any ethnicity besides white?hmmm... me thinks not. listen im gonna say this once and once only keep this thread on topic or i will erase it. this discussion is closed. you can pm me if you want to have a debate on the issue of culture in america. but not here. anymore is this **** and like i said this thread goes away. as much as it would pain me since this is one of my first threads from way back in the day when this forum was over at kfo.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    ok you people do know that when people call themselves african american or chinese american etc. its to acknoweldge their ancestry right? are any of you who are saying what people should call themselves of any ethnicity besides white?hmmm... me thinks not. listen im gonna say this once and once only keep this thread on topic or i will erase it. this discussion is closed. you can pm me if you want to have a debate on the issue of culture in america. but not here. anymore is this **** and like i said this thread goes away. as much as it would pain me since this is one of my first threads from way back in the day when this forum was over at kfo.
    I think we give ourselves mental handjobs all the time. I think we trap ourselves into little boxes of reality that are removed from actual reality. I've done it myself.

But, if you are gonna profess a nationality, why not the nation you're in?

Point being, nationality is not ethnicity, ethnicity is not race. we are all human, period and we live in nations by construct.

Nobodies telling you what to be. On my part, I'm stating my beliefs and one of them is that clinging to the concept of ethnicity is an error and is reflective of underlying racism and is used as a mechanism of racism. Which is also another construct that we create ourselves to further separate ourselves from each other and thereby impeding our growth mentally and spiritually as beings.

The more boxes we put ourselves in, the more we lose our ability to grow.

and that's all I'll say about it.

Of course, if that offends you and makes you want to delete the thread, then so be it. It's just a thread.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Okay doug maverick,

Though I really do not think I caused a foul, I deleted my posts.

mickey

Okay doug maverick,

Though I really do not think I caused a foul, I deleted my posts.

mickey
    i just dont want to go down the toilet of race and culture and who should be called what and all that bull****. this is a free country if i wanted to call myself a monkeys uncle that should be my perogative as an wait for it........wait for it........AMERICAN!!!! anyway lets continue with the topic at hand.

I think the point is having a standard. Sure, you can call yourself whatever you want, fair enough, but making up terms in order to somehow soothe someone's oversensitive nature will only confuse those with whom you are trying to communicate.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"