Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: John Painter

Here is my take on this

I hope to find s real sunlutang master
    lets say i meet this dude in the park teaching a class
    i join the class and on the front mantle is pictures of the dudes grandpa and sunlutang
    Now in each picture the dudes facial expression is the same.
    Eventually i become the main teacher of the dudes school when he passes away

Then i meet sunlutangs relatives and they kick my ass and i find out the dude learnt the sunlu from a book and mixed it with his kenpo fighting techniques.
    Now i looked at this guy like a father and really love sun lu tang style, but i wasted 20 years on halfass practise, and get beaten by someone 20 years my age who only trained for 7 years.

this is fiction, but i plan to learn bagua eventually as i really like what i have seen, and in my hopgar we have some pakua footwork in our drills.
    So the above story is some sad ass ****.
    Yah so thats my take on this.

Talking

Holy ****! This guy lives in the same town as me! I called that number and it said he has been training 29 years and gave me a bunch of options. ****, too bad the school isnt listed in my phone book or I'd go visit him.
    I have a signature.

Philbert;

It is in the phone book. THat is how I found it. I had never heard of John Painter. I just wanted to look at some Kung Fu. His ad in the Yellow Pages was just one line.

Authentic Internal Kung Fu....then the number. I was attracted to the lack of fanfare, talked on the phone a while, and felt comfortable. Been there since, and I have learned some really good things.

What I meant to say CD Lee was that there was no address in the phone book and I didn't want to call to get an address `cause then he'd be expecting me. I perfer to just appear at the school randomly.
    I have a signature.

Well,

He does not have his address in the phone book as you obviously noticed. You call and speak to them, and they send you directions to his personal home. That is where Dr. Painter and his instructors teach. At the Gompa behind his home.

It seemed odd to me at first, but they are totally accomodating if you are serious. I love what I have found there.