Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Painter

greymystik

open your eyes.

having no convictions causes convicts.
    his primary source of internal power comes from weight lifting and
    he has good anerobic power,

who knows where his ba qua comes from,i would like to see one traditional sifu authenticate his lineage,not pat him on the back,
    don`t hold your breath,it can`t be done or he would have done it by now,
    ever hear of cut & paste?

the photo is a fake.

Count

You are not in denial about anything. I just love that expression.

These are the pictures:

They all have the exact same facial expression/head.

Dr. Painter casts no shadow in the first picture... Is he a vampire, I wonder?

To be honest, I don't care if Dr. Painter is or is not the inheritor of Jiulong, or is or is not a great martial artist. That's not what I have an issue with. Odds are I'll never meet him, so I'm not stressing it. But these pictures...

redfist

my eyes see quite well- and i see a picture that looks odd, i will say that much. i haven't examined the photograph in person, i haven't touched it, i haven't "seen" it even except on the internet, and i'm certainly not qualified to say whether or not a photo is "fake" or not. are you? my guess is no.

as to the statement "convictions cause convicts", well that's another debate, but we both obviously stand on different sides of that one, and i don't see any productive results coming from arguing with you on it

greymystik

why argue,
    lets look at this rationaly,
    i am not an expert in such matters as you have stated,
    i did not have to be one to recognize this as a fraud,
    but then again i have know this for better then a decade,

now as for my wife thats another matter,
    she is a trained artist,i showed her the photo for the fun of it and when she stopped laughing heres what she said,

there were three cameras used to create the photo of him and his sifu,with pictures which were taken at differrent times,
    1.the photo it self
    2.the picture of painters face
    3.a picture of li,longdao`s face
    put them all together and you get....
    you will never see this picture up close,

I won't say anything about John Painter himself, his skill, authenticity, etc., because I have never met him, and it will be a useless guess with no actual proof.

The one thing I will say is that it is obvious to anyone who looks that the three pictures of his teacher posted by Shin have the same head, and expression, and that in the first picture, Painter has no shadow while his teacher and the chair does. Just an observation, and I am not saying anything about his authenticity or actual skill.
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

redfist

while i will agree that it appears that way from what we can see, all i am saying is that none of us can be certain (even your wife) unless we see the photograph in person, and even then anyone can make a mistake.
    have you ever seen the movie "F for Fake" by orson welles? it deals with a man, Elmyr de Hory, who purportedly faked at least several hundred paintings, claiming them to be the likes of Picasso and other masters. many museums bought these 'fakes', and they were all authenticated by many 'experts' who were trained to LOOK for frauds and fakes. point being, even the so-called 'experts' can be fooled, so who knows? it's just a picture, and an odd one at that.

Who is this guy?

I might be out of touch here, but who is this painter guy?

Is this really that condition of martial arts in the states, or is it pretty endemic?

Are people like this man really the forefront of bagua there?

Crap like this would never play in HK.

greymystik&demon

i bet those picasso`s where better done then that photo,
    painter needs to see that movie, i will look into renting a copy myself,
    thank you for the referral.

j.painter is a self made man,he learned something,somewhere.

there are authentic ba qua sifu`s in the usa, i don`t think this
    guy should be taken to represent the state of the art here,

my point of this whole post was that this crap would never play in
    hong kong or mainland china for that matter,
    people here need to open there eyes.

redfist

yes, you may be correct, i really don't know Dr Painter, i've corresponded a few times with him via email but I have never met the man so i can't really say... so you may be completely correct, i just withold my judgement on matters such as this as much as possible until i get a chance to verify for myself. there are alot of people (not necessarily saying you here) that point fingers and say 'this guy is fake, that guy is legit, etc' and they ALL seem to think THEIR sifu or master is the 'real deal' , but they can't all be right can they? so i guess what i'm saying is, i dont' know if Dr Painter is the real deal or not and i'm refusing to believe one way or the other based solely on a strange looking photograph or his inclusion of his previous employement on his website... i'd rather meet the man and judge for myself
    peace and respect

HAHAHA

Fake, greymystik come on man you must be able to see that?

all your circle walking has made you dizzy..lol

take care
    FT

hows the new style going?

fiercest tiger

hey buddy things are going well, how's the school in oz? still growing? say hi to all the folks down there and keep it real

Smile all is well here

ill pass on the message no probs!

Remember to do your abdominal massage everyday for health.

watch for commets in the big dipper too...

There is no doubt in my mind that these photos are fake.
    Why? I don't know. But they are.

Greymystic,
    as you said : Keep it real. Do that with yourself.
    Life is not that perfect that those pictures could be as they are.

Maoshan

Red fist You are doing a good job of keeping the keep the tao real".

Red fist you are right them pictures are fakes. Any boby can tell that john painter paste that unknown chinese man head on his own body".

As for Mr. Painter skill, I don't know how good he is, I never crosshands with the man. But in my opinion them pictures of him and his Known teacher are fake.

Thumbs down

Man The more I look at this picture, If you look at john painter picture of him and his teaher you can see his teacher don't even have a right ear. Fake , Fake, Fake".