View Poll Results: By request: How much do you sleep?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3-5 hours

9 19.15%
  • 6-8 hours

32 68.09%
  • 9 or more hours

6 12.77%
  • days at a time (as if)

0 0%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep

You have your point of veiw, I have mine. I don't know what your colledge backround is. I do know that there is a diference in my experience. The two quarters I didn't keep up a running reveiw, I had to cram. I basiclly had to relearn everything. I would have had a 3.75 GPA if not for those two quarters. But the four "D"s I got ruined that and cost me one of my grants. Had I kept up my studies I would have had an almost free ride (total tuition was $25,000 and I only had to pay $3,500). Now I have $13,000 in student loans. That is were I'm comming from. How 'bout you?

Agree to disagree.

You were speaking about studying vs. cramming in general, you didn't say anything about college. But beside that, my college experience is concurrent enrollment. Soon to be high school junior, my GPA averages 3.33, and I have had a total of 3 Fs. My concurrent enrollment community college experiences (yes, i know this does not amount to much but you asked for college experience) entitles me a 4.0. This includes 3 pe courses, and 2 english courses.
    Let people make mistakes; it's the easiest way to learn and remember what not to do.

I'm going to Law School, turns out I've been cramming the wrong course ! HOLY **** ! Only one day left, and I have to study two entire books, well 'review', but still, that's a friggin sh!tload ! I found out yesterday night, that the schedule changed, and the course I was studying now is the second exam, grraaa
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Tzuchan.

Min. of 8 hours. I get by with max. of 6 a night, otherwise I couldn't find time for MA training in the mornings before work and the demands of Family life.

Originally posted by TzuChan
    I found out yesterday night, that the schedule changed, and the course I was studying now is the second exam, grraaa
    Now that was just evil of them.

Cramming, sleeping am I supposed to do these things?

You mean that I was supposed to study in college and highschool? Da mn man maybe that's why I only got a 2.9 GPA. I guess I could have benifited greatly by even cramming.

And what's this about sleep? I'm supposed to get more than 3-4 hours? Hmm, I wonder what that's doing to me physically and mentally. Well the little orange men are telling me that I need to get back to work. I better listen before they start biting my hands again.

PAMantis

I crammed like a mo'fo all through college. Many courses I only really began to learn the material during the last two weeks. I got cramming down to an art form, and did decently on my exams, however what I found is that I didn't retain the information for more than a few days after the class was over, so in that sense it was a big waste.

Any sleep experts?

Never did any study on sleep, but I just think its weird how I can get 3-4 hours sleep and be fine. And also 9+ and be fine.... But if i sleep anywhere between 5-8 hours, I'm dead tired and need to take a 1-2 hour nap doing the day. I know a little about REM and stuff, but I just think its a bit odd how that works. Lately, i've been getting like 9-10 hours.

I think i've just been with these chinese too long. They can sleep like 14 hours a day easy.

7-10 hours if you are in heavy training. Its good to space out a "power nap" during the day. Elevate your feet and you will crash out for only as long as you need to (15-20 minutes) and feel like you slept an hour. For myself, even if I barely slip into the dream-state and I am awoken I will feel as if I am rested. Something the transition there that "tricks" the body into thinking its fully rested. Anyways if 8 hours isnt enuff then you may not be eating properly. It could also be psychological or chemical. Otherwise if you are healthy, eat well, and have a positive outlook in general... you might want to see a doctor and get a physical. Could be a form of anemia or something. Anyways I'll leave it to the experts.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Sleep

The other day i was sick so i stayed home from school and had a nap at around 1 o' clock in the afternoon. And then i go to sleep again at around 10:30pm and i couldn't sleep at all! I had stayed awake all through the night right up until 6:00 in the morning when my mom's alarm rang. The whole time i was just laying around in my bed. And the day afterwards it wasn't so bad i slept from around 1 o' clock till 5 o' clock so about 4 hours. But that day i didn't nap at all, because i was scared i wouldn't be able to get any sleep at night. Third day my sleeping routine went back to normal.

That was the second time it had happened to me. And the first time i had taken a nap just before going into shower (6:45pm - 7:45pm). And its the exact same routine. 1st day no sleep at all, 2nd day barely any sleep but get around 4 hours, 3rd day routine goes back to normal.

I am guessing that its because of my naps, but it wasn't always like this, i use to be able to nap whenever i was sleepy but now even if i was missing sleep and i napped this kinda stuff happens to me. Can anyone explain how this happened? And any suggestions on how to deal with this?

i think i have a similar problem. i don't think my body works on a 24hour clock. i like to get 8 hours sleep when i can but when i do, i don't get tired for like another 18 hours or so. doesn't bother me too much tho, i've kinda got used to it
    ________
    Ipad guide
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:23 PM.

I used to suffer from insomnia when I was young. Don't worry, when you get older and you are REALLY exhausted, you won't have this problem anymore.

Man, I feel like the advice queen around here.

Do you get enough sleep?

"If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

who's to say how much sleep is enough though? that article said 7-9 hours was optimal, and I've seen other studies that have said it can be as little as 5, and varies from person to person. I generally get 4-6.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter