View Poll Results: By request: How much do you sleep?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3-5 hours

9 19.15%
  • 6-8 hours

32 68.09%
  • 9 or more hours

6 12.77%
  • days at a time (as if)

0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep

i average about 5-6 hours per night. 8 hours seems like an eternity, i rarely sleep that long, it freaks me out to get that much sleep.

i often have really weird dreams, lots of action dreams which are often cool, sometimes get into chronic nightmares though.....

when i'm training alot, especially when getting ready for a tournament, i punch and kick in my sleep and thrash around alot, i guess i'm dreaming about training and fighting then. it drives my girlfriend crazy, sometimes i hit her in my sleep and she wakes up and yells at me

i like hitting my girlfriend better when im awake.
    where's my beer?

I get about 8 hours sleep amd im an ectomorph. On weekends though i can clock up to like 12 hours.

I'm not joking?
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Originally posted by Sharky
    I'm not joking?
    That's the funny part. What do medical students know any way
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

well according to some of the latest med reserch 4-6 hrs is ideal 6-8hrs is ok but anything over 8 you are running serious risks to your health in the long run
    vea victis

Sharky quit feeling sorry for yourself you pusssy
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Unhappy Sleep is over-rated....They want us to become complacent and sleep our lives away.

I'm still here at work and its 3 am. Crazy deadlines, no other time to get it all done. Its not as hard to concentrate and get things accomplished late at night, the phones not ringing off the hook, no annoying people bothering me.

What sux is I missed training again tonight...not enough hours in the day, I'll have to catch up with kung fu training this wkend.

I just heard an ad on the radio, these Jordan's Furniture guys that pollute the radio waves around Boston peddling their mattresses...theyre trying to brainwash the public into a lathargic catatonia where we all go out and buy their expen$ive mattresses and sleep our lives away, just because they say we need to (contrary to recent scientific studies, but theyre 'experts')and that they sleep all the time...attempting to lull us all into a sleepy, buying trance....I'm pretty freakin tired and burnt, I can't deal with that right now...they have this ad claiming that we need like at least 10 hours of sleep a night or we will die tired & miserably. I want to kill them right now, they are monsters.

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

How much sleep?

Another thread made me think of this.

Obviously it varies a little from person to person, but what do you all think is the optimum amount of sleep each night?

I do best on seven to eight hours, but I can get by on six as long as it's not too many nights in a row.

What about y'all?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

5~6 hrs on average.

I feel the best when I can get 8 hours a night. When I start to neglect my bed, I start getting irratable and have trouble focusing. Of course, if I have the chace to pull a 12 hour, I most definatly will.

Average 8 hours.
    9 hours and I feel super.
    Can survive on 6 hours (but not for an extended period of time).
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

9 hours and I am refreshed. 8 hours has to be minimum for me or I am just out of it.
    I have a signature.

This is interesting.

A recent study was done. They (the erstwhile 'they'!) always said that 8 hours a night was optimum. Now they're suggesting that 8 hours could be detrimental as it's too much and 7 hours a night is closer to ideal.

I wonder how much of our sleep pattern is dictated psychosomatically by what we expect or are told is good?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching