Thread: I am now in Western Boxing

I am now in Western Boxing

Though I no longer post on this forum for no real reason, I just wanted to update that I quit all my Martial Arts (because of bad experiences and inability to find any real schools around here), and I have taken up western boxing and sport TKD.

It's fun, we spar a lot, I am now a much better fighter than before. Something that "traditional" Martial Arts could never do for me.
    I am the ONE.

Sorry about your journey...hey...if u get the chance eventually add some grappling into your game...it'll expose u to more full contact enviornment and of course...u'll be more well rounded!
    A

boxing is pretty cool. stick and move stick and move. at least that's what my coach told me in mike tysons punch out when I was fingting the sandman.
    I am nothing.

LOL, Qi dup! I miss that game. I was frustrated more than I should have been fighting Bald Bull, though.
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Argh, I remember putting many, many hours into that game but I could never get past tyson. They made him unbeatable, it was so frustrating. Not til I got a GAME GENIE could I get past the champ.

Thumbs up

Congratulations DrunkenMonkey. Good for you!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

You'll enjoy boxing. It provides a great workout and will teach you some good skills.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Thumbs up

boxing is an extremely efficient art. good footwork and using distance makes for one slick s.o.b. plus tkd gives you kicking skill (it still $ucks though). you should be taking ba gua but it's all about what works for you.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Ego collsapser
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Ahh! I've found you Ego Agent #9! Have you seen Ego Incinerator and Ego Arsonist? I hear the roam these lands as well.
    That's funny man!
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

I heard Ego arsoninst's crib caught on fire

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Your **** right you took up western boxing. I prefer it over most striking Arts (it is an art).
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'